Jul 9, 2017

39 Weeks


39 Weeks

In case you missed it, nursery tour is up!

For the past 35 weeks, I've always looked forward to Sunday mornings. I'd open my eyes, find my phone and thumb my way through all of my pregnancy apps to read about my my new week of pregnancy. Such a first time mom thing, but I have no shame.

I was thinking today of how much I'll miss this little ritual; reading about what is happening with her development, how big she is getting, and what is happening to my body (every week was a variation of: everything will hurt and you feel like dying). It's so hard to believe that I may only have one more of these Sundays left (if that!).

How far along: 39 weeks

Baby is the size of a: at this point, let's just say she's the size of a newborn baby, because, well, she is.

Due date: 7.16.17

Weight gain: Oh gosh, I lost count and don't even care at this point. I think I'm up about 27-29 pounds all together? It's piling on FAST because my name is Maria and I love food right now. I don't understand how women in the third trimester say that they don't have room for food as I sure am finding extra stomachs in there. Though I will say that 30 minutes later, I regret the amount of food and proclaim I'm never eating again. To be honest, I think I'm just bored now that everything is ready (and umm, I have a very stocked freezer, fridge, and pantry) and I'm just really anxious for her to come. The restlessness, coupled with not being able to physically do much anymore, is killing me.

Exercise: Besides the few days where it's really hot out, I've been getting in nice long walks, usually between 20-60 minutes. I go as fast as I can while keeping an eye on my heart rate to make sure it's staying low. I'm averaging around 10k steps a day (walks or not), which I'm super proud of!

Stretch marks: Nope! Stretch marks, you have one more week. Otherwise, I win.

Sleep: I get up a few times to go to the bathroom, but I'm sleeping solidly from about 11pm - 7 or 8am. No insomnia. In fact, I am out as soon as my head hits the pillow. My body must know what it is in for and is banking sleep while it can.

Food cravings: I'm notorious for having a preference of salty over sweet and even had sweet aversions in my first trimester, but now I cannot get enough ice cream! I love the mini vanilla cones from Trader Joe's, Talenti Salted Caramel and the Twix Flavor of the Month at Baskin Robbins.

Oh and I've purchased two more bags of ice from Chick Fil A. They lasted a week.

Symptoms: I always feel like I'm complaining when I list these and I am. Ha! No, I must say I've had it easy compared to others. No leg cramps, no heartburn, no insomnia, no stretch marks. My carpal tunnel is even going away, which I think is attributed to not working anymore. Do I wish it didn't take grunting and a few prayers to get up off the sofa? Yup. Do I wish my skin would stop breaking out and the mask of pregnancy would disappear? Yes. But, I really don't have much longer left and I'm enjoying this bump and all that she brings to the table: the good and the bad. I feel like I'll miss being pregnant and so grateful that I was able to experience it, so I'm going cherish these last few weeks/days as best as I can.

Movement: Her ninja moves now make me jump! They are forceful, hard, and at times, uncomfortable or painful. She's most active at night when we are watching TV. It can be quite the distraction, but I love every minute.

What I miss: the usual suspects: sleeping on my stomach, deli sandwiches, and Diet Coke.

What I'm loving: Seeing expiration dates on food as I purchase them and knowing that by the time they expire, I'll have her with me! Having someone else clean my house! I gave myself a little gift of a professional house deep clean and oh man. If I had an infinite supply of money...this is the first thing I'd splurge on! Those ladies were ninjas and yes, I hugged them.

Labor Signs: At my last appointment (38 weeks), my doctor checked my cervix and let me tell you...that ish HURTS. I don't think I've read about anyone else experiencing the type of pain I had with a basic cervical check, so I guess I'm just a major wimp. It was traumatic, partially due to the fact that she's really comfortable in there and still very high. My cervix is very posterior, high, closed, and not "ripe" at all. I apologize for any visual images that gives you. My OB had a really hard time reaching it and finally (thank you God), just had to give up.

Labor should be fun!

So yeah, no progress at all, despite the fact that I am having a lot of contractions/cramping. I'm assuming it's all false labor because clearly they are not working towards anything. Even still, I carry around this cheap water proof pad I bought off Amazon in case my water breaks on our sofa, bed, or my office chair. Can't be too careful.

Next Appointment: Wednesday. I am seeing another doctor in my practice and still deciding if I want him to do a check on me or not. Cervical checks mean nothing, so I could be 3cm dilated and have to be induced OR I could be where I am now (not dilated) and go into labor tomorrow. It's my choice to have the checks done, so I can back out...but then I'd be curious. We'll see how I feel that day.

Baby Purchases: 

Sleepers

I realized I had exactly three things in newborn size, so I went to Carter's and bought a few NB sized sleepers that were on clearance. I know she'll grow out of them super fast (so everyone tells me), but I felt like she had nothing to wear from the get-go.

Swaddle Blankets

I also snagged two Copper Pearl swaddle blankets at 20% off after hearing my coworker rave about them. Oh my gosh, they are so soft and stretchy.

Nuna Sena

Last but not least, our play yard came! If you recall, I was debating over the 4Moms Breeze, Guava Lotus, and Nuna Sena Aire. I ultimately chose the Nuna Sena after realizing it had a much larger bassinet than the others (for her to grow in) and had the option to add a changer, which we needed for our bedroom. Additionally, its safety features won me over. The mattress is totally breathable, machine washable, solid, but still feels comfy. They also included an organic sheet, which none of the other companies did (they were sold separately and like $30 each!). I know this is silly and minor, but we love how it came in a nice neutral gray and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb in our bedroom (note: it will go next to the bed and not in front of this door).

If I had one gripe about it, it's that it's kind of hard to fit into the travel bag, even though it's super easy to set up and take down. Hopefully we'll figure it out, but we obviously don't need to worry about that for a while.

Diaper Caddy

I also put together a little changing station for our room. I filled this mint bin from Target (I love these bins and have them all over my house!) with some diapers, wipes, washcloths, a changing pad liner, and some antibacterial wipes in case things get ugly.

Numbers:

Days until due date: 7
Days until we talk induction: 14ish
Cervical checks completed: 1
Cervical checks desired: 0
Bags of Chick Fil A ice: 3
Times I've gone into labor: 0
Times I've thought I'm going into labor: infinite

Well, this could be my last update, but if my intuition is correct, she's not coming anytime soon...

2 comments:

  1. You are not a wimp. I wrote in all caps in my 37-week update with R that my first cervical check was the worst ever. I came so close to crying. Thankfully, although never fun, no check has hurt as bad as the first time, so take heart. Can't wait to hear that your little lady has arrived! Maybe go to Target lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pregnancy suits you! You are so gorgeous. I have loved following along, but I can't wait for baby girl to be here. She just needs to come on her due date! :)

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...