Jun 29, 2017

What I Ate Wednesday: Pregnancy Edition


We're taking it old school today! If you followed healthy living blogs circa 2011, you'll know all about What I Ate Wednesday. It's weird, yes. But who doesn't love to see what others eat? Okay, don't answer that. It's something I enjoy and a good way to get meal ideas.

Now I'm home full time just waiting for Baby Falls to make her presence, this is what I found myself doing. Don't worry, it will be short-lived. A goal of mine recently has been to eat more at home, meal plan, and get creative by "shopping" my fridge and pantry before buying more food. This is probably also short-lived.

In addition to the food pictures, I'm going to throw in bits about my day. Last week and at the beginning of this week, I've been very very busy prepping for her arrival. A lot of errands, a ton of laundry, cleaning everything, and shopping and returns. Now, I'm just about done, so my days are a bit less hectic as I cross the last few things off my to do list.

BREAKFAST
7:30AM

WIAW 5

A yogurt bowl consisting of:
  • Chobani pineapple Greek yogurt -  haven't had this in ages and it's so good!
  • Strawberries
  • Chia seeds
  • TJ's Mixed Berry Granola Cereal
And 2 cups of red raspberry leaf tea. Apparently this helps your body prepare for childbirth. I think it just tastes good. I like this brand, which I buy at Target. 

Multiple cups of water taken with my vitamins. My thirst is out of control. 

Receipts

After breakfast, I tidy the kitchen and work on our budget since it's the end of the month. I get out all my receipts, submit any Ibotta rebates that I hadn't already done, transfer the money I saved this month into Vanguard, and correctly categorize my spending in Mint. It's oddly therapeutic and one of my favorite things. The best is that it's the end of the month and I get to start with a clean slate for next month! Though next month (birth month) should be quite interesting on the budget front. And all other fronts.

Changer

I head into the nursery to set up our new changing pad. We got the Poopoose from Buy Buy Baby (gift cards - yay!) based on its great Amazon reviews and eco-friendliness. I wipe it down and add "buy velcro strips" to my to do list. We want to attached it to the dresser, but also make it portable. The best thing about this changing pad is that it doesn't require covers and the center strap helps hold in babies and calm them when they are older and squiggly (or so they say).

Happiest Baby
Swollen feet. I'm sorry. 

I then get dressed for the day, read a few pages of The Happiest Baby on the Block, and head to my doctor's appointment. All was good and she has a green light to come any day now! I get an official "check" next week and see if I'm progressing. Hoping these cramps are counting towards something! Called my mom to give her the update and text Brandon to let him know.

2ND BREAKFAST
10:20AM

My stomach was growling during the appointment, so I had a little snack when I got home: preservatives!

WIAW 4

Ha. But yeah. A Jimmy Dean egg, sausage, and cheese muffin. Pretty darn delicious. 

I hang out a bit and try not to get sucked into the rabbit hole of Youtube....instead I check the to do list and figure out how to tackle "Wash and sterilize bottles and pump parts". I research a bit and gather all of the stuff. It's a little overwhelming. No, a lot overwhelming. I take everything apart, hand wash and then use microwavable sterilizing bags. I know I'm doing it all at once, but man, this process is not quick!

Pump Cleaning

LUNCH
12:30PM

WIAW 3

Meet up with my coworker and our husbands for lunch. They work for the same company, which offers free food and we've been dying to try out the new French Bakery/Cafe on campus. Oh my gosh is it heaven. I have a corn frittata, side salad, bowl of fruit, and a cheese and strawberry danish. Brandon and I share a dark hot chocolate and I steal some bites of his grilled chicken. 

Endless pit, I tell ya.

After a long lunch, I stop by Target to pick up the velcro strips for the changing pad and grab a few other things. My mom is coming to stay with us shortly after the baby is born and I always like to provide little toiletries for our guests. I get her a small loofah, toothpaste, shampoo, etc. I'll make a little kit in our guest bath. I'm trying to find a small throw pillow for the daybed we set up for her, but I didn't see any cute ones.

I then meet two of my coworkers back at my house (we already miss each other). They want to catch up and check out the now newly finished nursery. We chat for a few hours, they leave, and Brandon reheats dinner for us.

DINNER
6PM

...which I failed to get a photo of, so here's an old one.

Taco Casserole

Taco Casserole may not be much to look at, but it's a crowd favorite around here. Since all we had were leftovers, our serving sizes were pretty small, which we made up for by having ice cream.

WIAW 1

SNACKS
7PM - 9PM

WIAW 2

Later, I have a watermelon popsicle, pickles, crackers, and a couple pieces of cheese. I'm such a pregnant cliche. The popsicle though. Oh my goodness.

I also pack our hospital bag, putting in as much as I can at this point and writing a post-it note of the last minute things we'll need to add (glasses, camera, chargers, etc.).

We watched the last episode of Season 2 The Great British Baking Show (love love love) then start The Handmade's Tale, which is disturbing and fascinating. I'm not sure if I'm going to continue with it. I kind of just want to watch happy shows these days. Can they please make more GBBS episodes? Please?

I fall asleep reading birth stories on my phone. Typical. 

2 comments:

  1. That corn frittata looks amazing! And I need to try that yogurt bowl idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yogurt bowls are fantastic - you can really throw anything in there, but this was quite a good combination!

      Delete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...