Jun 18, 2017

Weekending


I'm convinced the Universe is trying to kill me. It was in the 90's yesterday and will continue to be hot as Hades until Wednesday. I have exactly two pairs of shorts that fit me and they are for sleeping/lounging. While we are fortunate enough to have central air (many Bay Area homes do not, because normally, you just don't need it), it simply cannot keep up. I consumed over 8 trays of ice alone yesterday. And two ice cream cones.

But I do have happy news! Brandon organized the garage. You don't know how much joy and pleasure this brings me. He battled The Heat (deserves capitalization) and spent yesterday afternoon breaking down boxes, building shelving units, and placing everything just so to suite my OCD mind. While it certainly is NOT glamorous, it does look so much better in there! While the interior of our home has been upgraded since the 1950's, this garage has not, so there isn't much you can do (especially as a rental) to make it prettier.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

It may not look like much to you, but I'm impressed. +10, Brandon!

We still need to go through those bins (like that will happen anytime soon - ha!) and we think we can reduce them down to about four containers to free up more space. Baby steps. 


Speaking of babies, I am now officially working from home until I go into labor, which is exciting and scary all at the same time. I just need to keep an eye on email for questions, so it's not like I'll be glued to my home desk all day long. Thus, I will have time to tackle a lot of the last minute things on our to do list: packing hospital bags, washing baby clothes (I'm 80% there - she has a bigger wardrobe than Cher Horowitz), sterilizing pump parts and bottles, and obsessing over Riverdale on Netflix. One of those is not like the others.

We also finally put together the stroller, which is super exciting. I named her Posh Spice. I don't want to get her dirty, so she's living in our house for now. Is that weird? 


We also put together the playard last night (it was a productive day at Casa de la Falls), which is where we planned for her to sleep (there's a bassinet insert) in our room for the first six months or so. New guidelines recently came out saying that your baby should sleep in your room from at least six months to a year! So why did we put together a nursery again? I have a feeling the crib might end up in our room. Gotta get some use of out it, huh?

Today, we have a hospital tour planned, a trip to Warby Parker (we both need new glasses), and I'm treating Brandon to dinner for Father's Day. It's supposed to be the hottest day yet, so keep me in your thoughts please. I am thisclose to breaking into someone's house with a pool. Will blame the hormones. 

I hope to be back soon with progress updates. I'm 36 weeks today and see my doctor on Wednesday for an ultrasound and cervical check. Yikes. 



2 comments:

  1. Your post just brought back so many memories for me! I delivered my first son on June 19, 2015 in North Carolina. Wow was it hot that last month! My feet swelled until even my flip flops were uncomfortably tight. My second baby was just born in March and we even had some 80+ degree days before his birth! But then it snowed on the day of delivery... That unpredictability just helps you prepare for motherhood though! My blog is mostly about my babies: www.adayinmomlife.com if you want to check it out. Best of luck to you as you approach these last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, not only is the heat miserable, but I no longer recognize my feet and hands!

      I checked out your blog and I love it! I am definitely going to get a few diaper changing stations made for around our house. It's 1-story, but very spread out. Great tips!

      Delete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...