May 7, 2017

April Showers


My very generous brothers and sister-in-law threw us baby shower back in April. Brandon and I flew home for the event and it was so fun seeing all of our friends and family together (which hasn't happened since our wedding!). They made the shower very casual: co-ed, lots of great BBQ food, and held it in my Great Uncle's basement. It turned out to be a beautiful day!

Baby Shower (42 of 74)

Both of my brothers are big foodies. They like to cook almost as much as they like to eat and when they volunteered to cater all of the food for the shower, the job was taken very seriously. They even made their own labels and logos for the event: "Two Uncles BBQ - est. July 2017". Just how adorable is that?

Baby Shower (1 of 74)

The menu was amazing: BBQ pulled pork shoulder (sous vide, of course), two homemade BBQ sauces, mac and cheese, green beans, sweet potato casserole, cole slaw, homemade ranch dip with veggies, and a fruit platter. The works.

Baby Shower (3 of 74)

Baby Shower (8 of 74)

Our wedding cake baker made a mini version of our actual wedding cake, which everyone raved about and was incredibly special to me and Brandon.

Baby Shower (13 of 74)

It was so delicious; a white cake with raspberry compote, white chocolate ganache and buttercream. Brandon and I didn't get to eat much of our wedding cake, so this more than made up for it.

Emma did a fantastic job on the decorations; baby's breath centerpieces, pink wrapped utensils, balloons, and she even made a banner that spelled out "Baby Falls"!

Baby Shower (67 of 74)

The theme of the shower was basically to build our baby library. We got a TON of books and I love every single one of them. Some of our guests wrote little notes to Astrid (her newest nickname) that were just incredibly sweet.

Baby Shower (46 of 74)

We got way more books than this, but how cute is this little book crate Emma set up?

We were also blessed with a lot of clothes, adorable stuffed animals, and a ton of small baby paraphernalia. Everyone was more than generous.

Baby Shower (17 of 74)]


Baby Shower (27 of 74)

Brandon was a trooper.

Baby Shower (30 of 74)

My mom found the newborn outfit I went home in (as well as my little mary jane shoes) and wrapped them up for me! So cute. I'll have to do a side by side photo once she's here!

Baby Shower (36 of 74)

The gifts were so special and but really, all we needed was a day to spend with the people we get to see far too little of these days.

Baby Shower (49 of 74)

Baby Shower (60 of 74)

Baby Shower (61 of 74)

My blogger friend turned "real" friend, Maria, even made the drive down from Maryland with her adorable tots in tow!

Baby Shower (41 of 74)

We aren't doing maternity photos, so Emma grabbed the camera and got a great few shots of me and Brandon afterwards. We aren't the best photo subjects, but she worked some of her magic ;)





Cannot thank Emma, Jayme, and Carlos for the lovely day and all of the time and effort. Astrid is already super spoiled by these guys and I feel like this is only the beginning...

3 comments:

  1. Yah! My pleasure, of course! It was a great day!! :D
    I can't wait until I get to break out the crafting supplies again for Astrid's first birthday party haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact that you want to take on yet another party means you've clearly lost your mind! We should definitely fly home for her birthday next year! We'll keep it simple: take out pizza, ice cream and Costco cake! You know, because we always keep it simple ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad I got to help celebrate! Thanks for having us!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...