Mar 6, 2017

Pregnancy Confessions


Nursery Beginnings

Confession #1:  I hate when bloggers get pregnant and say "Oh my blog won't change. You'll still get plenty of _____ talk here." Why do you need to explain yourself or make promises to your readers? Or worse yet, apologize when you do talk about that one thing you said you'd never talk about it? It's your blog! Write about what you want to write about! Pet peeve.

The reason I had such a long break from blogging was that there was nothing else in my life that I felt compelled to share. Sure, I have things going on aside from growing a baby. My job and the travel that comes with it is kind of fun, but not something I can share here. Our personal trips are really fun, but writing about them often feels like homework with a due date. Same goes for our house, politics, religion, books, etc. I have interests in those things, but I don't feel like they are something I get excited to write about. Perhaps that will change. Until then, it's baby all the time. We cool? Okay. Great.

Confession #2: I thought I was immune from the mood swings that so many women have in pregnancy. In fact, I was a little cocky about it. Anxious? Stressed? Hormonal? Nope, not me. Cool as a cucumber.

Wrong.

Brandon slept on the sofa the other night. He has this habit of falling asleep there while watching TV and it kind of annoys me because I sleep so much better with him beside me. I woke up at 3am to go to the bathroom and saw that he was still on the sofa, fast asleep. I went into a fit of rage that I didn't even know I had in me. I go into the den, rip his blanket off of him and demand that he comes to bed. In an act of pure evil (or genius, you decide), I go and turn down the thermostat so he'd freeze without his blanket. He comes to bed finally, grumbling, and I just start sobbing. Uncontrollably. The next morning I pretended nothing happened and he told me he was legitimately terrified of me.

So yeah, mood swings.

Confession #3: Baby gear overwhelms me. I'm stuck between wanting to buy the most economical baby items (they grow so fast) and choosing things that I know are good quality and will be used if we have a second child. I struggle with where to splurge and where to save. I spend hours researching and the more I research, the more confused I get. I worry about being judged for my choices whether they are insanely expensive or insanely cheap. I worry about wasting money on unnecessary things. I worry about not spending enough money on her. I'm basically a hot mess when it comes to baby gear. Truly, a hot mess.

Confession #4: I know that my life is about to make a huge huge change and will be insanely different and difficult, but if I hear one more, "Enjoy ____ while you can!" I might rip my eyeballs out. I promise to never ever say this to another pregnant woman. Though I'm sure I probably will.

Confession #5: I cried when I was reading Yelp reviews of local daycares. We found one that we thought would be a great fit and when I was about to email and inquire about a tour, I cried. I thought about the day that I'd drop her off and go back to work and it made me really sad. I secretly hope we don't get into any daycares (the waiting lists are outrageous) and I'll be forced to stay at home and make it work. On the other hand, I think about not going back to work and that makes me really sad too...how much I'd miss my coworkers, my paycheck, having a place to get dressed for each day. That's a heavy topic for another time.

On a lighter note, see that closet up there? Nursery progress makes me so insanely happy.


4 comments:

  1. I feel like there's just no way a blog won't change AT ALL once you have a baby. That doesn't mean it has to change a ton, but there are going to be things that are different, even if just in small ways. And I"ve never understood the need for people to apologize for anything they do on their blog. A pet peeve of mine is people apologizing for posting a grainy/blurry picture. I mean why? Either post it or don't, but if you do post it, don't say anything about it. People!

    #4. Totally yes. I don't know why people say this. It's obnoxious.

    Your little nursery closet is so sweet :) Can't wait to see what you do with the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging about what excites you the most is always the best way to go, no matter what! In my experience, blogging just because you feel like you have to just results in posts you don't proudly look back on anyway.

    And hang in there! Mood swings, baby gear, you'll figure it all out! :) I would say, try not to worry too much about the gear. First of all, it's not your fault and you're not alone. Heck, choice overload sometimes get's the best of me when i'm trying to buy peanut butter.. And second, I imagine you would donate anything you end up not liking or using, so it's unlikely that anything would truly go to waste :)

    Can't wait to see more of the nursery! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good points. There are a lot of online groups you can use to sell things locally too :)

      Delete
  3. There's a lot of estrogen running through them veins, yours and little missy's so...yeah hormonal is putting it lightly, haha. But you totally get a pass because hello! you're growing a person!!!

    Stay healthy my friend!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...