Mar 25, 2017

My Pregnancy Essentials


My Pregnancy Essentials

I'm now 24 weeks and obviously I am at expert at being pregnant. Ha! Hardly. Kidding. I wanted to share a few things that have helped me along the journey of these past few months. I hope I won't need to add anything else to the mix because I enjoy buying for her much more than me. Also, pregnancy and babies are expensive, in case you didn't know.

Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter
Stretch marks are mostly hereditary, but in spite of that, some kind of oil, cream, or lotion always appears on these types of lists. I guess it doesn't hurt to try. I read about a must-have almond oil that some ladies were using for an anti-stretch mark product and that junk was $40 or more. No thank you. This Burt's Bees stuff is amazing. It's thick, rubs in very quickly, is non-greasy, and doesn't have a smell to it (which is a positive in my book). Also, it's $12. For the record, I don't have stretch marks yet...but I'm sure they are coming. I have been using this once a night, after showering for about 10 weeks now and I think it'll easily last me throughout my entire pregnancy.

Copco Hyrda Bottle
I'm always thirsty and I prefer, for some odd reason, to drink water out of a plastic bottle shaped device rather than my Eddy bottles or simply a drinking glass. This bottle is awesome: BPA-free, does not leak, double insulated, and you can screw the top off (not just the cap) to add ice, sliced lemons, etc. It's also dishwasher safe. I take it EVERYWHERE with me! I'm considering buying a back up so I can leave one at work and one at home. Brandon has even been convinced he needs one.

Boppy Pregnancy Wedge
A few posts ago, I talked about how much I hated the Snoogle (which everyone else seems to love, go figure). But so far, my sleep life has been just fine without it. I bought this $10 pregnancy wedge pillow to use either under my belly or between my legs and it does the trick. It doesn't take up any space and the cover is easy to throw into the wash. My preferred method is to use it between my legs and roll up a small throw blanket to wrap my arms around. So far, I've been sleeping like a rock.

Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal / Garden of Life Ocean's Mom Prenatal DHA
I think I mentioned these back when we were trying to conceive, but they are worth mentioning again. I hate swallowing pills and most prenatal vitamins are huge. That along with the first trimester nausea makes for some pretty gag-worthy mornings. While these do taste terrible (to be honest), they are small and much easier to swallow than horse pills. They are on the pricier side ($22/month), but I tend to think they are worth it. I also like how they are chock full of organic veggies and fruit. The DHA is great because I don't eat fish and it doesn't have a fishy aftertaste.

Ovia Pregnancy App
I have six pregnancy apps on my phone and this is hands down my favorite one. Really, you don't need any other apps but this one. I love how I can upload bump pics, track my symptoms, enter my doctor appointments, and record any other milestones. At the end of your pregnancy, you can print out a whole timeline of it with your photos, milestones, and photos of the infamous produce comparisons. You know the whole "my baby is the size of a ___"? This app has four different themes to choose from: fruits & vegetables, Parisian bakery, fun & games, and weird-but-cute animals. Also, each week you can see the size of her hand grow literally on your screen. It's so fun! Honorable mentions for other apps: The Bump and Sprout. The website Babysizer is really fun too for more comparisons.

Young House Love Podcast
Yeah, that's weird. They don't talk about pregnancy, but I look forward to this podcast each week! I won't let myself listen to it unless I'm outside walking, so it literally forces me to get some exercise and it works well. Of course, my biggest motivator to exercise is mine and her well-being, but this comes in at a close third. I cannot help but be in a relaxed, happy mood during these 40 minute episodes.

Expecting 411 
I have three pregnancy books (5 if you count the two I bought for Brandon) and this is my favorite one. It has a casual, sometimes funny tone, and so far, has been very informative. I'm almost through it and most definitely will buy Baby 411 next. Honorable mention goes to The Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy and Be Prepared, which is a fun dad-to-be guide I bought Brandon.

I listed a lot of my maternity clothing essentials back in this post. I'm still loving the following:
I hope you found that helpful! Things are trucking along pretty smoothly over here and I probably won't do another full update until I'm 30 weeks since nothing really changes all that much other than my growing midsection. I did develop carpal tunnel this week, which is a surprising pregnancy symptom that will go away after she's born (at least I hope!). Otherwise, zero complaints, lots of gratefulness. 

We are heading to Virginia in a few weeks for my baby shower and I'm so excited to see my family and friends. Oh and eat my brother's delicious spread of food he's preparing. Tonight we going to our favorite pizza restaurant with an important topic to discuss: naming this chunky monkey. I have 16 names on my list with one strong front runner and Brandon has 8 with his own front runner. Time to duke it out!

Favorite girl names you'd like to share with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...