Feb 23, 2017

It's a...


It's a Girl!

G I R L !

I know those of you who read here probably already know, but I thought this deserved its own post.

So a girl? Who would have thought? Everyone around me said I was having a boy. My mom thought I was having a boy (and she knows about this stuff). Even our sonogram technician, with 22 years of experience, said we totally surprised her and that rarely happens.

But we are thrilled to be having a little girl and that's she's healthy, thriving, and growing! Despite the fact that almost every single old wive's tale predicted a boy (besides Chinese Gender Chart), I just knew. I said it from day one and I never changed my mind these past 19 weeks. Hopefully that maternal instinct will do more than just predict genders.

Brandon kept mum about his guess because he is evil and enjoys torturing me. Even right before we opened the envelope, he wouldn't tell me. But, he was right too. We both had very vivid dreams about having a girl one day and they were right on the money. Mine was back in September before I got pregnant. Brandon's dream was about 2 years ago.

Our anatomy ultrasound was long, but entertaining. We had the best technician ever (Phyllis) and I wish I would have hugged her before we left. She said she was the only one there who talked to you while doing the measurements and I loved that! She put us at ease and cracked jokes the whole time. Indy is measuring exactly where she should be and we all counted 10 fingers and 10 toes.

We got some 4D shots and our daughter's (!) head shape and ears are exactly like Brandon's, so it'll be really fun to see what she looks like in 21 weeks. She was moving around like crazy and they had a really hard time getting some photos, but I didn't mind the extra screen time of her.

After having us close our eyes, Phyllis quickly checked out the gender, wrote it down (it's the paper I used above, I'm considering having it framed because I'm insane) and handed the envelope to Brandon. We had a brief meeting with the doctor and then we headed out to dinner.

We arrived a little early so we went shopping a bit, but I could not concentrate at all. It was driving me absolutely insane and I was about to call and change our reservation for earlier, but we pressed on. Anthropologie had a new section of flower pots (we are always on the hunt for cute ones) and I immediately zoned in on this pale pink terracotta pot. For $14, I had to have it and we said we'd go back after dinner to grab it. Little did I know, it would be perfect for a girl's nursery.

One stop in Crate and Barrel (where I experienced quite a bit of round ligament pain, which was convenient with all the sofas around) and The Container Store and then I practically jogged to the restaurant. Okay, limped, those pains are no joke.

We started with some salads and said we'd open the envelope right after. I scarfed mine down and impatiently waited for Brandon to finish his. I put in my final guess and he let me open it. I wasn't surprised at all. We both laughed and exclaimed, "Of course!". We wondered about her personality, what kinds of things we cannot wait to do as a family and daddy/daughter dates. I didn't grow up with my dad so to see Brandon beaming with pride when talking about her, I just melted into a puddle.

Even though I only ever saw myself as a mom of boys (I'm not much of a girly girl), I am so so excited to have a daughter and thrilled that she's going to to have one of the best fathers in the world. Can't wait to meet her!

It's a Girl!


1 comment:


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...