Sep 11, 2016

On Weddings


Is there anyone out there anymore? I assume not, but that's okay. I should feel embarrassed that I've neglected my blog yet again and alienated the very few readers I did have, but I'm not. Life happens.

So let's talk about weddings. My wedding. 



We said I do on 9.10.11 and as cliche as it sounds, I cannot believe its been five years. Confession: about a year or so after my wedding all of those super creative, boho-chic Pinteresty weddings were popping up all over and I thought it made my own look a little uninspired. I know, I know...what was I thinking? 

As we flipped through our wedding photos yesterday morning and I made this little collage, I realized how perfectly perfect our wedding was for us. It represented us so so well. It was simple, classic, and we had some fun shots of us in the woods - kind of fitting for two avid hikers, huh? One of the benefits of getting older is that you become so much more comfortable just doing you.

Also, a wedding is about marriage after all and well, we have a pretty amazing one. I just love doing life with this guy.


Looking back at your own wedding did you think it represented who you are as a couple? 


2 comments:

  1. Love it! Happy anniversary :) We celebrated 5 years in May. 2011 was a good wedding year! I LOVE looking at our wedding pictures and thinking back on that great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding was amazing and your pictures are awesome! You're right, the most important thing is that you have a day that suits you. It's easy to get carried away with all the things Pinterest will have you believe your wedding should be. I am also happy Jayme and I stuck with what we truly liked and found to be important.

    Happy anniversary! Xx

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...