Nov 1, 2015

The Last Week in October


How depressing does that title sound? Seriously now. October is, at least according to my Instagram feed, everyone's favorite month. I totally get the excitement, but November brings Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday. I'm already making my Thanksgiving grocery store list and planning a tablescape that will rival Sandra Lee's.

Anyway, this week:

Our dining chairs came in! 


I am so so excited to be typing from our lovely dining room table instead of hunched over the kitchen counter. These chairs are the Grigio Village Chairs from Crate and Barrel and we got them for 15% off with our C&B moving coupon (they are on sale right now for 15% as well) and we also used gift cards.


We plan on buying different "host" chairs for the ends of the table, but aren't quite sure what we want yet. We don't have a ton of room in our dining area, so we may just leave it at four chairs for now. Another idea is to buy a bench for one side and move two of the chairs to the ends. (Oh and the lovely flowers were from my coworkers for my birthday this past week.)

Not sure if I mentioned it before, but our table is the 1900s Boulangerie Extension Dining table in Salvaged Natural (60"-78") from Restoration Hardware. It's a beautiful powder finish, but being raw wood, we need to apply a coat or two of tung oil to protect it from spills and stains. Until then, I'm picking up a cheap tablecloth today so we can eat and drink here without worrying.

Our new sofa was delivered!

My head explodes with all the options we have for seating now. No more lounging on the air mattress on the living room floor.


Excuse the overall sad state of our living room, but isn't she a beauty? So deep and soft and perfect for sinking into. We can both lay on this sofa with room to stretch out and plenty of depth so no one is falling off. Brandon actually slept there until 3am because he couldn't get up to go to bed.

The hunt is on for some fun throw pillows and blankets. We have our eye on the faux fur pillows and throws from RH.

Because this sofa perfectly matches our West Elm Vines rug, I think we might move the rug to our bedroom. I don't like the matchy-matchy look and I've been keeping my eye out for a kilim or oriental rug for the living room. Considering a jute rug as well. Since most of our large furniture items have been purchased, it's time to start looking at smaller decorative items. We bought all of our new furniture from big box stores, so I cannot wait to start looking at antique malls and thrift shops for more unique pieces.

We celebrated Halloween!

Well, tried to.


We walked to the pharmacy around 4pm to grab some candy (Kit Kats and Twix, only the best for our trick-or-treaters), turned on the porch light and sat by our mums and pumpkins.

And no one came. No one.

We heard a family walking down the street, so I yelled out "Hi!" and told them we had candy. Yeah, I actually had to recruit my one and only trick-or-treater for the night. One of the many things I was looking forward to since moving out of an apartment complex was the prospect of handing out candy to trick-or-treaters. Oh well. More Twix for me, huh?

We gave up around 8pm and broke in the new sofa by watching one of my top 5 movies of all time (you think I'm kidding, but I'm not), Hocus Pocus.


Isn't our festive front stoop pathetic? We laugh at it every time we come home.  We had a hard time finding mums that were fully bloomed (as of this morning though, they are starting to blossom!) and we didn't want to spend a fortune on pumpkins, so this is the result. I give it a C+. I grade on a curve.

We celebrated my birthday!

My 32nd birthday this past Tuesday was very sweet and passed with little fanfare (just how I like it). Brandon and I celebrated when I got home from work. His gift to me was a Kitchen Aid stand mixer (I've been wanting one forever) and since he had no idea what kind or color to get, he's letting me pick it out. I'm considering some sort of gray or stainless steel. Boring I know, but who knows what kind of kitchen we'll have down the road. I plan to keep this baby for life.

We also went to Chick Fil A for dinner and had lemon bundt cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes for dessert. I had a fancy birthday dinner the previous weekend at The Mountain House, but truthfully, I would have been fine with just Chick Fil A. Really, it just never gets old. Just ask my waistline :)

My family sent me a bunch of Amazon gift cards and an Etsy gift card. I plan to get a new vacuum (oh my gosh, I'm so old) and at 2016 calendar from Etsy. I'm eyeing this awesome National Parks calendar and this Dyson cordless vacuum.


So that's a wrap, October! November has a lot to live up to.



1 comment:

  1. Hey! Congrats on all the awesome new stuff for your house! Love the chairs and sofa. Happy belated birthday! I love those bunds cakes.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...