Nov 21, 2015

Ipsy Glam Bag November


Just for fun, I signed up for Ipsy Glam Bag again. Here's my review for the first time I tried it.

It's only $10 a month, so why not?

Here's what I got:



China Glaze Nail Lacquer in 816 Techno
Well this is fun! I don't wear nail polish normally because I'm horrible at the application process, but this was easy to use. I don't know if a 32 year old should be wearing glittery nails, but it would be cute to use as an accent nail for holiday parties.

Figs & Rouge Hydra - Activ  3 in 1 Hero Hydration HA+ Cream
This hydrates really well, but has a slight floral smell and if you know me, floral scents are my nemesis (as in, they give me massive headaches). The scent is pretty light, but I still don't think I'll use this.

TresStique Mini Matte Lip Crayon in Chili Red
Ooh, red lips are perfect for upcoming holiday parties. I put this on and I wasn't instantly scared of my clown reflection, so that's a good sign. I think I could get brave and wear this out everyone and a while. It's very matte, so I'd probably add a touch of lip balm underneath because my lips felt very dry.

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black
I love trying new mascaras, so I was really stoked to see this in my bag. The wand is great, application is easy and no clumps, so I think this one is a keeper. I may even pay for the full size when this one runs out (it's actually a fairly good size itself). It made my lashes very long and full!

Beauti Basics Eyeliner in Navy and Eyeliner Brush
A few years ago I tried gel eyeliner. I bought a really cheap brush and product from Target and it was an awful experience. I never tried again. I was worried I'd get the same results with this product (it does, I'll admit, look cheap), but it was surprisingly easy to apply and I managed a fun little cat eye that I don't think I'd ever wear in public, but still...fun. If it were in black, I'd be a huge fan, but definitely reads blue when applied. I'll keep it around to practice with!

The Bag
Not crazy about this print, but I must say that Ipsy bags are so useful and decent quality.

The Final Verdict
Definitely a fun bag! I enjoy trying makeup product samples, but what I really like about Ipsy is that you receive almost full size samples, which makes it a great value.


2 comments:

  1. YAH makeup and beauty products!! :) That nail polish is super fun! Glitter is a pain to remove though.. I'm looking forward to seeing the lip crayon in action at Christmas, ha! I'll go with red as well so we won't feel awkward. Ipsy seems like a fun subscription to try. I think I got through the wait list by now so maybe I'll get a subscription sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you will totally see the lip crayon in action this Christmas when I throw it in your stocking. Muahahaha <3

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...