Jul 12, 2015

Boulder, Colorado: Part 1


Look you guys. I'm doing a trip recap...within a month of taking the trip! My mom must be so proud.

Side note: I have been user Flickr to host and upload my blog photos for a few years now. They went and changed their HTML embed codes so you might see a header and watermark on my photos. It's highly annoying. I did some research and edited out those eyesores by changing the code on every single dang photo (pats self on back. no, Brandon did not help.), but if anything looks funky, blame Yahoo. I tried. The things I do for you. 

I've been to Boulder once before (for Blend Retreat) and fell in love with the little town, so I was excited to share the second experience with Brandon. We flew in on a Thursday afternoon to a really awful summer thunderstorm (oh how I miss those!) and caught the rainbow at the end of it.

Rainbow

From there, we checked into our hotel for the weekend, The Bradley Boulder Inn. Part bed and breakfast, part boutique inn (think Gilmore Girls), this place was every bit as charming as it looks.

Bradley Boulder Inn

Bradley Boulder Inn

We were starving by this point in our journey, so we were super happy to see a plate of cookies in the lobby! They also had a fridge full of free drinks and hummingbird cake. Not a bad welcome.

Bradley Boulder Inn

Our room, Room 10, was on the second floor, fairly small, but quaint and had a great view of the mountains...and a marijuana dispensary. So progressive, that Colorado.

Bradley Boulder Inn

Bradley Boulder Inn

Bradley Boulder Inn

We loved our stay here. The location was literally steps off the famous Pearl St., the staff was courteous, and breakfast (though I failed to get any photos) was really delicious. Unlike some places that just serve you muffins and a bagel, The Bradley had a variety of egg dishes each morning along with fresh fruit, muffins, cakes, yogurt, etc. It was always great to feast right before our long hikes.

Speaking of food...

The first night we checked out Riff's Urban Fare on Pearl St. Despite our appetizer of the above cookies, we are literally ready to eat our arms off and both ended up ordering the fried chicken over a biscuit with collard greens and andouille sausage gravy. Holy cow. That's all I'll say about that.

Riffs Urban Fare

Oh and shared some brussels sprouts because, vegetables. Fried vegetables.

Riffs Urban Fare

The next night we went to Pizza Locale. If the line was indication, this was going to be some amazing pizza. And it was.

Pizza Locale

I went with the margarita and Brandon had arugula and prosciutto. He's fancy like that.

Pizza Locale

Okay, so chain restaurants are usually a big NO-NO for us when traveling, but the last time we were in the Denver area, we stumbled upon Ted's Montana Grill and were kind of blown away. We broke the chain rule once again. The reviews for Ted's aren't even that great, but we are fans.

I started with a house salad that had homemade lemon vinaigrette. It was refreshing and delicious, but let's get real here, I was there for the burger. So juicy and perfect...and needed after a really really tough hike that day.

Bison Burgers

Finally, on our last day in Boulder, we drove up to Longmont to try Georgia Boys BBQ. Ridiculous.

Georgia Boys BBQ

It's a shame that I didn't photograph one of our favorite meals of the trip at Ricon Argentino. We had three empanadas to share and they were out of this world amazing. Seriously. If you are ever in Boulder...actually, you may want to make a special trip to Boulder just for the empanadas. We were going to go back for a second meal before we boarded the plane, but they were closed. We cried.

Next up: a quick recap of our hikes and other Colorado adventures... including some super close encounters with wildlife. Drum roll please.

3 comments:

  1. I get the Gilmore Girls vibe!! And all that food looks awesome.. :O
    I'm very curious about the wildlife encounters! Tell me more, tell me more!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun spot! I haven't been to Boulder since I was a kid. This post is making me want to go back! I'd go just for those pizzas, haha! They look delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm that BBQ looks awesome. Looks like a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...