Mar 10, 2015

March Favorites


It's March, Spring is just around the corner, (or if you live in CA like me, it never really left) and I'm kind of pumped about these new-to-me favorites that I absolutely need to share with you:

No affiliates were used in this post. Click away!



March 2015 Favorites


bkr Glass Water Bottle // In order to make myself drink less hot tea at work and more water, I purchased this glass water bottle. I know...it doesn't take a new fancy bottle to drink more water, but humor me, please. My favorite feature of this bottle is the top. It's the is the exact same size as a plastic water bottle top and I don't know what it is, but I can down one of those in no time. Yeah, that makes no sense, but I swear the small top works and I'm refilling this all day long. They also have cute colors (I chose Boy, above) and the glass means my water doesn't taste all funky. Hydration, here I come.

2015 Wall Confetti Calendar by Happy Dappy Bits // I spend a lot of time at work and I'm trying to make my cube a comfy and cozy place. The first thing I purchased was this little confetti calendar and it's not only cute, but has been pretty functional too. A calendar, functional? Imagine that. I'm also thinking of buying this for my cube. It's a good reminder.

Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12-Hour Perfecting Primer // For Christmas, I received the 2014 Tarte Advent Calendar and this was hands-down my favorite product from the set. I immediately purchased the full size version. Now, I don't wear foundation (just tinted moisturizer), but I still reap the benefits of this primer. It's a super smooth gel that rubs in almost immediately. It fills pores, evens skin tone and makes my face baby-bottom soft. I could just rave and rave about it. It's my favorite thing to put on each morning and a step that takes less than 30 seconds.

Athleta // Why oh why did it take me this long to discover the wonderful world of Athleta? I've been a loyal Lululemon shopper for years now. I invested in some of their pieces a long time ago when my company gave me fitness stipends to purchase clothes to lounge workout in. Since someone else was footing the bill, I figured why not? But now that my old stuff is getting a little...well, old, I needed replacements and Athleta fit the bill. Their workout clothing is so much more appealing to me. The prints are fun, the fabric is a bit thinner and much more comfortable than Luon and they just fit me better without having to go up 2 sizes. They also have great sales and their full priced items aren't that terrible. I recently purchased the Heavenly Hail Hoodie (shown above) along with two tanks that are super flattering: Pure Tank in Oatmeal Heather and the Fast Track Tank in Fire Red Heather (aka, neon pink). I'm also eyeing this swim top and these cut out bottoms. Oh and I have the Techie Sweat Hoodie in the mail...someone make me stop.

The Body Shop // I know. I'm just now getting on The Body Shop bandwagon! I'm so behind on what's cool. Emma told me about this brand last fall and when they had a huge 40% off sale right before Christmas, I purchased a big box of stuff for Christmas presents and a few things for me and Brandon to try. First of all, their face wash foams are fantastic. I use the Nutriganics Foaming Facial Wash each morning and it's so gentle and soothing. I also purchased the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser for Brandon, but I use it just as much. I feel like it gives me a really nice deep clean. He also loves it and this is coming from a boy who hates any type of product and previously used a bar of soap on his face. I purchased a ton of shower gels when they were on sale for $5 for Christmas presents and I got to smell them all before I gave half of them away. I ended up keeping the Satsuma one for myself, but the Grapefruit, Coconut, and Peach I purchased were just as amazing. I need the coconut on for summer. I got Brandon the Olive Oil one and even though I love it on him, he's kind of meh about it. Boys. At least he's washing his face now, right? I should also mention that these products are very natural with no sulfates or parabens. I'm super sensitive to perfumes so I'm happy that The Body Shop only uses natural scents that don't make my head explode.


So there you have it. It's official. I have a shopping problem.



6 comments:

  1. I feel/know I'd like that water bottle for the same exact reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I love Athleta!! I need some new yoga pants and love my Lulu ones (I'm such a convert now after owning a pair), but maybe I should consider Athleta instead? I need to check prices... HAPPY (almost) SPRING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loved every single thing I've gotten from there so far, but I haven't tried the pants yet!

      For pants, I am totally in love with Zobha. Their crops don't need hemmed and their longer pants come in Petite, so they are the perfect length. They have a thinner (but still opaque) material than Lulu and a bit more stretch. They did just change their sizing from numbers to letters, so I'm not sure if I'll still like them though :)

      Delete
  3. Girl, I'm all for new water bottles. I definitely think they help in the agua consumption!

    Definitely love the pop of fun for your workspace! I loved buying a new Jonathan Adler calendar every year to add some pizzaz to the dull gray cubicle I had!

    Right now my latest beauty favorite is hurraw lip balm. It's smooth and the flavors are totally yum!

    We have an athleta at my mall but I haven't ventured in yet. You may have convinced me to try it, especially since I have an old navy credit card that gives me gift certificates to spend at the gap family brands.

    PS I miss catching up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to check out Hurraw Lip Balm! Yes - that's another great thing about Athleta, being apart of the other Gap Brands and using coupons + free shipping and returns. It's definitely not at the price point of Old Navy, but their sales are good.

    I miss it too! Isn't someone having a very big birthday soon? I want to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...