Sep 14, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag September


Ipsy September

Courtney has been reviewing Ipsy Glam bags for a while now and I've always enjoyed seeing what she gets. I'm a sucker for the subscription box trend. Since this box was only $10 (including shipping) and you can cancel any time, I figured why not?

I signed up and was waitlisted for about two months and finally received my first box yesterday! For $10 you get five items (some are full size, some sample size) with a small makeup bag. Side note: if I continue with this, what in the world am I going to do with all those makeup bags?

What I Got + My Thoughts:
left to right

Cailyn Tinted Lip Gloss in Basic Instinct
I loved this one! I'm not a big lip gloss fan, but this may have changed my ways. The color looks really natural.

Pacifica 7 FREE Nail Color in Red Red Wine
I love that this nail polish is non-toxic and I think the color is perfect for fall toes, but I have zero skills in painting my nails. Maybe I can take this to the salon and ask them to use it on me instead of the ones they have?

Avon Big and Daring Volume Mascara in Black
I was excited that mascara was my full size item, but the product itself was a bit underwhelming. The brush is HUGE and hard to use. It also has a funky smell. Maybe I'm a bit picky because I am totally obsessed with my Tarte Amazonian Clay mascara at the moment...

Be a Bombshell Smooth Criminal Powder
This is supposed to even out your skin tone, fine lines, pores, etc. I used it and didn't really see a difference. I only use tinted moisturizer on my face currently and that does the trick, so I don't foresee a need for an extra step.

Mitchell and Peach Luxury Hand Cream
Nope. Nope. Nope. Way too perfume-y! I'm very sensitive to perfumes - and they give me migraines -  so this will be gifted to Emma. I'll stick with my Aveeno hand cream, thanks.

Makeup Bag
Not really my style, but a nice bag to have around!

Final Verdict
Like most subscription boxes, it's so much fun when you see one in your mailbox! It's like Christmas! But, with my sensitiveness to perfumes, general pickiness, and desire not to clutter my makeup drawer, I am not sure if I'll continue. Will be back with an October review if I do :)




1 comment:

  1. Subscription boxes can be so much fun! I would love to read your reviews every month, if you decide to continue. In my opinion, it's impossible for a makeup drawer to ever be too full ;) I love makeup bags for organising my makeup stash or other toiletries and travelling. I also always have one with me in my purse with a lip balm, ibuprofen, pocket mirror, etc.

    Thanks for the hand cream :D I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...