Aug 24, 2014

A Weekend in August


I know it's cliche and all, but Sunday nights do tend to come a little fast, don't they? I don't know what happened to the weekend, but here we are again.

I don't usually share a lot of "day in the life" posts on here, but it was a bit of an eventful weekend, so here goes.

Grocery Shopping

Confession: I love seeing what other people buy at the grocery store. I'm nosey in that aspect. The best part of Cribs is always when they open their fridges, even though it's usually just condiments and bottled water. Such a waste of a Sub Zero. Anyway, I present my shopping cart. Since reading about Intuitive Eating, I sort of just go with what looks good at the grocery store, cardboard pizza included.

Saucony Trail Runners

I started my Saturday morning with a little jog/walk. I purchased these Saucony trail runners for our Alaska trip and I wanted to make sure they weren't going to give me blisters. They passed the test with flying (blue) colors. I'm forever a Saucony running shoe fan.

So last night. I've lived in California for oh, about nine years now, and that was my first major earthquake. It wasn't all that scary, because Brandon and I were already awake. He had fallen asleep on the couch watching TV and woke me up when he came into our bedroom - just a MINUTE before the quake hit at 3:20am. I had a bottle of coconut water before bed and ran to the bathroom when he woke me up. So yeah, I was peeing through the quake, clinging to the shower curtain. It was awkward. And so is telling you.

On a more serious note, I'm thankful that the damage wasn't worse than what I've seen on the news and I'm thinking of our neighbors in Napa. Between the CA droughts and the quakes, I think we might stay in Alaska next week...

Speaking of which, we headed to Patagonia to get some more gear for the trip.

Patagonia Layers

I picked up that cute hat and the striped base layer. It's the Capilene 2 Lightweight Zip Neck and is super comfy.

Patagonia Shell Thumb

I'm normally not a fan of thumbholes in my shirts because they are just awkward and my arms are too short to use them, but I really liked this simple version of a thumbhole. +1 Patagonia!

Patagonia Backpack

On a whim, I grabbed this backpack too, the Refugio. I normally travel with a giant tote bag, but I didn't think a Longchamp bag, though stylish, would make sense for adventures in Alaska. This bag is awesome! So many pockets and padding for electronics.

And that concludes the weekend. We are about to watch another episode of The Leftovers (creepy as hell) and hopefully get some undisturbed, less shaky sleep tonight :)


1 comment:

  1. Fun weekend! I love your loot. Jealous of your Alaska trip! I've never thought about people's shopping carts, but you're right : it is interesting.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...