May 23, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend


There's a negative correlation between how content I am in my life and blog posts. In other words, the happier I am, the less I blog. Except I'm pretty happy right now and I'm blogging, so maybe this theory is invalid.

My life is pretty much all about work these days, but I'm loving every second of it. I finally found where I need to be and I cannot tell you how thankful I am to wake up each morning and not dread driving to the office. It's a blessing and I have a new appreciation for anyone who has ever worked at a mentally draining job. Not a way to live.

Anyway, as much as I love my job, I'm excited for a three day weekend! We have a friend coming in from Virginia and I enjoy playing hostess. I almost sent him a Google form asking for his breakfast preferences and may have been tempted to make a welcome basket, but since he's a boy, I resisted. Oh how I dream of having a real guest room and bath! Air mattresses just don't give off that "Welcome to our home" vibe. It's more of a "Welcome to Silicon Valley where one bedroom apartments cost your over $2k a month" vibe.

The plan is to eat at all of our favorite places, go to Napa and then the boys will be doing boy things, whatever that entails, while I'll be catching up on Hart of Dixie and Friday Night Lights binge watching.



In honor of Memorial Day weekend, I really think you should check out this video/song. God Bless our soldiers.






3 comments:

  1. I do hope you keep blogging even in good times :) I hear you on the air mattress thing, though in y case it's a futon vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things from so many about the urban Decay eye shadow. I need to just go get it! And yes, love the mango! Sad it's only seasonal..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy YOU are happy at your job! It took awhile but you found your place!!

    Also I'm excited for summer but because it was like the freaking arctic up here this past winter!!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...