Apr 20, 2014

Until You Hear A Banjo


Any Rascal Flatts fans here? Everytime I hear "Banjo", I immediately think of home.

You gotta go deep | way on back | cross a few creeks | and a couple little shacks | you gotta get lost | way on out | crickets and frogs | Yeah, you're getting close now

Backyard

As I have mentioned, I had a week between quitting my old job and heading to my new one, so on whim, I booked a flight home to Virginia. I didn't do much. Just visited family, friends, and ate lots of good home-cooked Southern food.

Brandon recently surprised me with the most incredible Canon lens: the EF 24-70mm f/2.8L. It's been on our wishlist for a while and with a lot of travel coming up this year, it sort of made sense to bite the bullet. I am still learning (always room for improvement), but I think this shot of my brother, Carlos, shows the real beauty of the lens.

Carlos-1

And this little lady, of course. Don't let her sweet gorilla/monkey/Gremlin face fool you, she's one crazy hyper pup.

Zoe

My first impression with the lens: amazing. While it's great with my Rebel T3i, put it on Brandon's 5D Mark III: Boom. Woosh. Powerhouse.

Anyway...

Dining Room

Lemons

My mom recently bought a new house and I've had a blast helping her pick out furniture and accessories.

Old Photos

Weren't my grandparents cute? I think they married at age 15 or something illegal like that.

Chicken Dinner

I had to capture our meals because well, the lighting in the dining room is what dreams are made of and our food was ridiculously delicious. My mom and brothers are incredible cooks.

Steak Dinner

Steak Diane from the Holy Bible of cookbooks: The Complete America's Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook. Am I too old to move back home (husband in tow)? That wouldn't be weird, right?

Ham and Hashbrown Casserole

My contribution (though I used their recipe) was the hashbrown casserole. Ham + cheese + peas is a winning combination, folks.

Pizza Making

Not only does my family have two outdoor grills (charcoal + gas), they also have an outdoor pizza oven! I'm so jealous. The last night I was home, my brother made cracker crust pizza. It took only 8 minute for it to cook in this oven.

Pizza Making

This little devil oven puller makes me laugh.

Pizza Making

Pizza

It reminded me of Pizza Hut's thin crust (you know you love that pizza), but dare I say better? It was less greasy and tasted really fresh. I'd kill for a piece right about now.

Gifts

Before I left, my little cousins came by and gave me candy (did I mention I love going home?). Can you believe this is the first time I've ever had a swedish fish? Now I know what all the fuss is about!

Sunset

And, as a perfect ending to my trip, Virginia gave me this gorgeous sunset.

See you again in June, East Coast!



3 comments:

  1. Wow seriously gorgeous photos!! I am still a little baffled at what to do with my new lense...I think I just take really close up pictures?? lol!

    Have you ever thought of doing a photography tutorial? Also I need to hear about this new job!! Like I said a few days back...I'm e-mailing you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes you took some seriously GREAT photos!! Teach me, teach me!!

    Love that you got to relax on your trip home, too. Well deserved, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much! Just testing out our new lens - it did all the magic! I'm thinking about putting together a basics of photography post. I'm not qualified to give out anymore tips, but I have picked up a few things that I've found to be helpful.

      Delete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...