Apr 1, 2014

My New Favorite Shampoo


I never really re-capped my experience with Low Shampooing. So you don't have to re-read that post, Low Shampooing (or Lo Pooing) is a trendy concept where you only wash your hair two times or less a week, using all natural products. I decided to experiment with it because my hair has been less than stellar lately and I wanted to see if it was due to all the chemicals I had been using.

Well, I tried it.

And I failed.

I just couldn't do it anymore. I'd have some days were my hair felt amazing and I loved the idea and time it saved me, but there were far more days where I just absolutely hated the texture, smell, and look of my hair. I gave up. Still on the hunt for something to relieve my hair woes, I luckily found the Holy Grail of shampoos. Really. And it was hiding in my grocery store.

Trader Joe's Tee Tree Tingle

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo is awesome because:
  • The smell: no floral perfumes, just a clean peppermint scent
  • The price: $3.99 a bottle
  • The ingredients: organic botanicals, including tea tree oil, peppermint, eucalyptus, rosemary, and thyme and no sulfates!
  • The delivery: my hair feels, looks, and smells amazing. No oil, no frizz. Just perfect. 
  • The conditioner: same as all the above
One tip: do make you sure shampoo, rinse, and REPEAT. It suds up better the second time around. 

I don't wash every night though and this shampoo has even give me three days of great non-shampoo'ed hair...but if I do tend to get a little greasy, I use this equally amazing product:

Blow Pro Faux Shampoo

Blow Pro Faux Dry Shampoo is awesome because:
  • No perfumes! No scent at all!
  • No propane - have you read the back of most dry shampoos? They contain PROPANE!
  • The white powder doesn't make my dark hair look ashy
  • The unique bottle lets you squeeze out just a puff at a time - pretty sure it's going to last me a long time. 
  • Oh and it works. Really well. 

Not being paid to say promote these, I just love talking about products that really do give you a bang for your buck and I'd recommend to a friend. In fact, I already have my cousin Jessie sold on TJ's Tea Tree Tingle and she's been looking for a great shampoo for years! 



4 comments:

  1. ohhh good to know! Not that I am ever close to a Trader Joes, but next time I am, I'll have to check this out! I was going to try no poo for a while, but realized it was just me wanting to be super hippie and I balked. Guess I'm not as crunchy as I want to be :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I pick and choose where I want to be crunchy and when it deals with my hair and personal hygiene, I'm happy to stay conventional :)

      Delete
  2. I tried that shampoo and it left me greasy! however, i use lots of hair gel in my curls!! i do need to check out that dry shampoo. im low pooing--and not on purpose. sleep is more important than showering! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy how certain shampoos react to certain hair types - there some that my friends swear by but I simply cannot use. Trial and error, huh? I'm just happy to find a kind that works AND is super cheap!

      Yes, sleep always win - no judging here :)

      Delete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...