I never really re-capped my experience with Low Shampooing. So you don't have to re-read that post, Low Shampooing (or Lo Pooing) is a trendy concept where you only wash your hair two times or less a week, using all natural products. I decided to experiment with it because my hair has been less than stellar lately and I wanted to see if it was due to all the chemicals I had been using.
Well, I tried it.
And I failed.
I just couldn't do it anymore. I'd have some days were my hair felt amazing and I loved the idea and time it saved me, but there were far more days where I just absolutely hated the texture, smell, and look of my hair. I gave up. Still on the hunt for something to relieve my hair woes, I luckily found the Holy Grail of shampoos. Really. And it was hiding in my grocery store.
Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo is awesome because:
- The smell: no floral perfumes, just a clean peppermint scent
- The price: $3.99 a bottle
- The ingredients: organic botanicals, including tea tree oil, peppermint, eucalyptus, rosemary, and thyme and no sulfates!
- The delivery: my hair feels, looks, and smells amazing. No oil, no frizz. Just perfect.
- The conditioner: same as all the above
One tip: do make you sure shampoo, rinse, and REPEAT. It suds up better the second time around.
I don't wash every night though and this shampoo has even give me three days of great non-shampoo'ed hair...but if I do tend to get a little greasy, I use this equally amazing product:
Blow Pro Faux Dry Shampoo is awesome because:
- No perfumes! No scent at all!
- No propane - have you read the back of most dry shampoos? They contain PROPANE!
- The white powder doesn't make my dark hair look ashy
- The unique bottle lets you squeeze out just a puff at a time - pretty sure it's going to last me a long time.
- Oh and it works. Really well.
Not being paid to say promote these, I just love talking about products that really do give you a bang for your buck and I'd recommend to a friend. In fact, I already have my cousin Jessie sold on TJ's Tea Tree Tingle and she's been looking for a great shampoo for years!