Mar 8, 2014

Scenes From a Saturday


What's a typical Saturday look like for me?

Waking up at 7am, thinking "holy cow I'm getting old" and decide that I better go back to sleep to keep myself feeling like I'm 20 again.

Finally emerge around 9am. Check my email, throw a load of laundry in the washing machine, sip my cup of tea, and daydream with a Coastal Living magazine.

Tea and Coastal Living

Who wants to move to Maine with me?

I finally have breakfast (fruit, veggie sausage and Kid's Cliff Bar) at 11am and then we head out for some errands.

First stop: I need new running shoes and Brandon needs some insoles for his plantar fasciitis. We go to our favorite family-owned running store in downtown Los Altos, On Your Mark. The owner, Adam, fitted me in Saucony Mirage 4's - an upgrade from my current Saucony's.

Saucony Mirage 4 Running Shoes

He's a certified podorthist and the dude knows his stuff. He even had me test these out for a run around the block and said I'm looking pretty good as far as alignment goes. We were in and out of there in 20 minutes with exactly what we were looking for. Locals - I highly recommend this running store!

We walked around Los Altos a bit and checked out some new stores. Guys, I found a DIY Workshop called The Makery! It's amazing.  Not only does the store have super cute fabrics, tools, and yarn for sale, but they have workshops to teach you knitting, letterpress, crafts, quilting, sewing, and even calligraphy. Most of the workshops are during the weekdays, though. Darn job - always getting in the way of my fun :)

Brandon had to pry me out of there and then it was off to Whole Foods for groceries. We were planning on making homemade chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese for dinner, but it was 74 degrees out and soup wasn't sounding so appetizing. But do you know what was?

Smitten Ice Cream Salted Caramel

Salted caramel ice cream with cinnamon shortbread. Our Whole Foods was recently renovated with a new hot bar, deli, and an ice cream shop! Smitten Ice Cream isn't your average ice cream though...

Smitten Ice Cream Palo Alto

It's all made right in front of you with liquid nitrogen. So cool. Literally. Between Tin Pot, Cream and now, Smitten, I'd say the craft ice cream wars are definitely in full swing in the Bay Area. Living here ain't so bad sometimes. When I'm sitting in traffic, I'll just think of all the amazing ice cream choices at my fingertips.

Went home. Unpacked groceries and called my mom. We decided on turkey and havarti paninis for dinner, which definitely hit the spot. They key is to spray with canola oil and sprinkle some oregano on the outside of the bread.

Ended the night with a walk around the nearby park and some planning for our Alaska trip this summer. Now it's time for some Sarah Jio and sleep. My 5k is in the morning at 9am and it's Daylight Savings. Doh.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...