Mar 26, 2014

On Running and Pop Pilates


Not sure what's going on, but since my 5k, I've been in a major running rut. I'm sticking to all of my planned runs but they just aren't turning out the way I want them to. My legs feel heavy, my lungs wear out quickly, and I'm just not feeling it. My next 5k is less than 3 weeks ago, so I'm going to keep trying and see what happens.

In the meantime, I plan to get more sleep, eat a tad bit healthier, and make sure to stretch and foam roll a lot more, which I've gotten lazy with. I also just started some at-home Pilates, so my legs are sore, which could be contributing to that heavy leg feeling.

So, Pilates. I've tried a lot of workouts over the years: spinning, boxing, Krav Maga, CrossFit, bootcamps, yoga, and of course, running, but I've never really tried Pilates. I discovered Pop Pilates a week or so ago and I'm kind of excited about it. All the videos are on Youtube (read: free) and I just mix and match them depending on what body part I feel like working on. They range from 5 minute challenges to longer, 30 minute workouts, but my attention span loves the short ones. Warning: I'm pretty sure these workouts are targeted to 16 year old girls (so much pink!), but I just love Cassey's energy and motivation.

Also, the workouts are hard (though not as hard as running to me and my stubby legs) and boy do they work your muscles. I'm a fan...you know, until the next workout phase comes along. Workout ADD is a real thing, friends.

But hey, at least I'm working out again, right? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...