Mar 17, 2014

Crockpot Pulled BBQ Chicken


Pulled Chicken BBQ

Despite my undying love for bacon, I'm not a huge pork fan. Have you ever bitten into a pulled pork sandwich and gotten a big hunk of fat? I'm dry heaving just thinking about it. No really, I am. Like Lloyd in Dumber and Dumber [gif].

With boneless skinless chicken breasts, there are no gag-inducing fat chunks (I'm really turning on your appetite, aren't I?) to be found and not to mention, it's healthier. And you can use frozen chicken! It really doesn't get any easier or better than this.


Crockpot Pulled Chicken
slightly adapted from Little Lucy Lu
serves 3-4
prep time: 5 minutes 
cook time: 4-5 hours


Ingredients
  • 2 large frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 3/4 bottle of your favorite BBQ Sauce (I prefer Stubb's Sweet Heat - no HFCS)
  • 1 tbs brown sugar
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
Instructions
  1. Whisk together the BBQ sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and onion powder.
  2. Place 2 frozen chicken breast breast side down in your Crockpot
  3. Pour mixture on top of chicken
  4. Set Crockpot to low and cook for about 3-4 hours
  5. After 3-4 hours, using two forks, shred the chicken and stir to cover with BBQ sauce.
  6. Cook for about 1 more hour until sauce is incorporated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...