Feb 8, 2014

A Cuppa Tea


Let's chat and have a cup of tea, preferably with some lemon scones.

Good Earth Tea

If we were having tea, I'd tell you that this week is the last week of my current position! I'm so thrilled. Long story short, I knew months ago (actually last summer) that my new position wasn't for me, so I finally mustered up the courage, had a long chat with my manager and I'm moving into a new role next week! My new position is within the same company, but in a different office - one that is 5 minutes away from my house, so no more long commute! Oh and that's not the best part of it...I have Fridays off! Pinch me. Someone pinch me.

If we were having tea, I'd tell you that I'm participating in a Diet Bet, Courtney's in fact. I know it's a bit controversial to some, but I find it to be really fun and motivating. I also love a good challenge. 4% of my body weight in 4 weeks and the potential to win money to for new clothes? You can bet (cheesy pun intended) that I'm all over that! It's going well so far and helping me think twice about my choices and helping me get my rear to the gym.

If we were having tea, I'd tell you that very excited about next weekend. We are going to Mt. Shasta, California for a Valentine's / President's Day weekend trip. The goal is to go snowshoeing, so we are keeping our fingers crossed for the weather to cooperate. If not, then hiking it is. But the best part is the B&B we are staying at: Tempurpedic beds (thinking about buying one, so we are paying close attention), hot homemade breakfast, and gorgeous scenery outside our bedroom window.

If we were having tea, and I was being really honest with you, I would tell you that I've just spent a good four hours researching birth control methods. Exciting, I know. Does anyone use Mirena and wouldn't mind me sending you about a thousand questions? Please.


And now...what's new with you?


3 comments:

  1. I want to hear more about the new gig! What will you be doing?


    Also, what an awesome Valentine's weekend- that will be great! And birth control? Ugh, I hate that topic. I don't look forward to having to decide again in a few months...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My new role is in Talent Acquisition and HR - two areas that I really enjoy. My new boss is a hoot, too.


    My BC research included reading your posts and comments about the subject - I really do trust blog readers over random "stranger" reviews on other websites. I wanted to look into the copper IUD, as I don't want the hormones, but my periods are bad enough as it is, so Mirena is probably the best bet. The hormones are a lower dosage than BCPs and most of them are kept in the uterus as opposed to the blood stream. There's also Mirena's "little sister" on the market - Skyla. Even less hormones that Mirena and smaller - but the chance of losing your period with Skyla is therefore smaller. I kind of admit that I don't want a period - mine are HORRIBLE (as in, I consider taking sick days, but power through it). Okay. TMI over. I might just have to do a post. Also, one of the best, 3rd part sites, BC information sites I found is bedsider.org. It gives honest reviews of all BC. Why is this so hard?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm super excited for you about that job (like SUPER excited!!), but the whole diet bet thing...bleh. I'm keeping my five pounds for the winter haha!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...