Jan 27, 2014

Crispy Oven-Baked Bacon


Bacon

I know it's cliche and trendy and all, but I really love bacon.

I loved bacon before it was cool to love bacon.

When I was four years old in fact, I would proudly exclaim, upon asked, that my favorite foods were bacon and cucumbers (and I hated peanut butter and chocolate). Well, I still love bacon and cucumbers and let's just say I can tolerate chocolate these days too ;)

I buy Applegate Farms (nitrate- and antibiotic-free) Reduced Sodium Sunday Bacon. I love that it's called Sunday bacon, because my mom would always make bacon on Sunday morning. I was raised on it.

Bacon

Now, I don't make bacon every Sunday, but when I do make it these days, I use this super simple technique of for oven-baked bacon. I guarantee you that your bacon will be crisp and perfect. The key is to let the bacon heat up as the oven is pre-heating. In fact, you could call this technique "preheated bacon" or whatever. I don't know. Just try it.


Steps:
  1. Line a baking sheet with foil and line up bacon on the sheet, making sure none of the edges touch each other. 
  2. Set oven to 400 degrees. 
  3. Go right ahead and place the bacon in the non-preheated oven.
  4. Bake 15-20 minutes (for 1/2 pound). Keep an eye on it. Usually when your entire house smells amazing, it's about done. 
  5. Place on paper towels to soak up grease.

Done! So simple. Easy clean up and all. But the best part is that the bacon is seriously the crispiest and doesn't shrivel up like it does in a frying pan. As much as I love bacon, I hate the fatty parts when they are all soft and squishy. Gross. 

Also, you are welcome. 



3 comments:

  1. I've GOT to try this! I've heard that baking bacon (that sounds funny, doesn't it?) is amazing and well, I actually haven't cooked bacon in over a year because all of a sudden, it started grossing me out to look at! 8O Haha! Thankfully, I've been able to sucker some people into making it for me, but enough's enough! I should have bacon whenever I want it...but why does that have to be right NOW? At 4am? When I'm at work??

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...