Jan 11, 2014

Banana Pudding


Brandon celebrated his 31st birthday on Thursday. He requested banana pudding, which isn't really my cup of tea, but it was the boy's birthday. How could I say no? Well, this recipe turned me into a banana pudding fan. It's pretty darn tasty (though maybe a tad bit too sweet).

Banana Pudding

I told him to pick a restaurant for dinner on Thursday night and despite my protest, he chose Panda Express. Ya'll, I just don't know about him. Banana pudding and now Panda Express? I must admit though that it was good, as good as fast food Chinese can be. For his gift, I booked us a Valentine's Day weekend getaway in Mt. Shasta at one of our favorite B&B's. We are hoping there's lots of snow for some snow shoeing.

Inspired by Callie, I have changed my cleaning schedule. Normally, I'd do barely any cleaning during the work week and leave it all for the weekend. Now, even when I get home from the office pretty late, I do my chore of the day. I found that cleaning after a long day is a good stress reliever and productive at the same time. I also love that it's Saturday and instead of cleaning all the live long day, I'm sitting in my pajamas blogging about nothingness. Which is exactly what this blog post is all about. No smooth transitions either...

We looked at more new homes today. I liked them (hello wainscoting upgrades), but Brandon was meh. We researched a bit and found out that they are dangerously (pun intended) close to a superfund site (i.e. old toxic waste site). Only in the Bay Area can you spend a 1.1 million on a townhome near a toxic waste dump. We'll pass. Moving to Colorado is becoming even more tempting these days...


Back tomorrow with some Christmas photos!

3 comments:

  1. Don't move to Colorado... Move to Louisville!! ;) Happy Birthday to Brandon!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I'd come in a heartbeat! Miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My go-to banana pudding recipe back in the day was vanilla pudding + cool whip + sweetened condensed milk and my family always went INSANE over it...I can only IMAGINE adding cream cheese to the mix! 8O YUM!


    I do the same thing during the week...or at least try to keep up on the dishes and get ONE load of laundry done before the weekend. It makes SUCH a difference!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...