Nov 29, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013


Success! I started the night before and Brandon washed the last dish at 11pm last night, but we managed yet again to create a delicious feast for just the two of us. Would we rather have been at home with our families? Absolutely, but we are starting to grow quite fond of our little Thanksgiving traditions: bacon for breakfast, putting up or mini Christmas tree, and watching Planes, Trains, and Automobiles while eating dinner on the coffee table. Oh, and I was able to stay in my pajamas pretty much the whole day. Elastic waistbands for the win.

So without further ado, our little Thanksgiving Day.

Cranberry Sauce

Bacon

Bacon Sandwich

Mug of Tea

Roasted Turkey Breast

Tree and White Stocking

Pottery Barn messed up my stocking order (for the second year in a row) and Brandon's stocking is looking a little lonely.

Nativity Scene

Married Ornament

Our wedding ornament!

Colorado Ornament

Turkey Breast

Turkey, Cranberries, and Rolls

Stuffing and Mac and Cheese

I half-ed the mac and cheese recipe and quickly realized I didn't have a smaller baking dish. Still tasted great!

Thanksgiving Dinner

Pumpkin Pie and Egg Nog

Egg nog!

Hoped you and yours had a fantastic holiday! Spending the rest of the day waiting to be hungry again (it's noon and I'm still stuffed!) and cleaning up a little of the aftermath. The weekend plans include seeing the Hunger Games and hiking, as I could certainly use a little exercise...


4 comments:

  1. Awww, yay!!! Everything looks great, Maria! Is that your dressing in the muffin tin? Genius! How have I never thought of that? Hmm, probably because I've only actually made dressing ONCE! Haha! And any day that starts with bacon and ENDS with pumpkin pie wins in my book! Honestly, I used to go gaga over pumpkin pie, but now that my tastes have changed and I'm more sensitive to sweets, I just can't seem to find one that really does it for me anymore. I'm not much of a dessert person, but I will always have a soft spot for pumpkin pie...especially paired with egg nog!


    I love your little tree with the nativity set! And since I'm a numbers freak, I'm totally amused by your's and Brandon's wedding anniversary date! Haha! I got married to my ex in 2007 and he tried for months to convince me that we should get married on the seventh of july, but since I was trying to graduate from x-ray school, take my certification exam, AND find a job, that was NOT gonna happen! Lol


    So glad you had a happy Thanksgiving! Hope your weekend is just as great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe they messed up your stockings again!! I am going to need to do some research on where else I can order from!


    Looks like you had a lovely Thanksgiving though! Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously!? How does this happen? I totally should have spent the extra $$ for the knit ones. I'm taking back Brandon's and just going to wait until next year...

    Happy Holidays to you too! And umm, I need some life updates once you get settled :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Thanksgiving looks amazing! There is no way I could pull that off. John David and I need to come crash your place for Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...