Oct 13, 2013

Recipe Review: The Best Zucchini Bread


The Best Zucchini Bread
Recipe: Mel's Kitchen Cafe

Another recipe review coming at ya! I am not sure what has come over me, but as of late, I've really enjoyed this whole cooking thing. On Saturdays, I pick one or two recipes from my Pinterest boards and give them a whirl. Some get deleted from my Pinterest after trying them (sorry, I'm super picky!) and some get moved over to my Tried and True board. The ones that get that coveted spot, I share with you.

So zucchini bread. I had some leftover zucchini from a (failed) recipe review last weekend and I needed to use it up. I searched and searched for recipes. Many out there make enough for two loaves and goodness knows we don't need two loaves of sugary sweetness sitting around here. Finally, I landed on Mel's Kitchen Cafe and her site looked totally legit. Also, she claimed this recipe was one of her best.

So I gave it a go. Success. Tried and True board you go, zucchini bread. This is your basic zucchini bread recipe - nothing additional, just the right amount of spice and sweetness. She said to use grated carrot if you ran out of zucchini, which you I did and it still was perfect (and gave it a pretty confetti look).

Time for slice #2.


1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of adding carrot to it! Can't believe I've never thought of that! This reminds me, I've been meaning to make some zucchini bread!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...