Sep 2, 2013

Seattle


Do we really have to go back to work tomorrow? Labor Day should, at the very least, be celebrated once a month.

I'm popping in real quick to show you some of my favorite (phone) photos from our Labor Day Trip to Seattle. I've never been to Seattle and have always wanted to go since watching Sleepless in Seattle about a million and a half times.

San Francisco

We flew out of SFO on Thursday and it was down pouring in Seattle when we landed. Just living up to its reputation I suppose. Luckily, the rest of the weekend was sunny, warm and really gorgeous. We had our friend's birthday dinner at Maggiano's when we arrived and Friday the guys went paintballing while my friend Stephanie and I played photographer.

Saturday was definitely the highlight though. We rented a speedboat for the day to explore Puget Sound and try our hand at wake boarding. Well, some of us did. I was perfectly fine just taking in the scenery (i.e. giant waterfront mansions) and dipping my legs in the water.

Maria on Speedboat

Also note that I now want to own a boat with a house on the water. Got that, Brandon?

Brandon on Speedboat

On Saturday, we explored downtown Seattle. It felt much smaller, more relaxed and slower paced than San Francisco and New York. Granted, it's still a city (and you know how I feel about cities...), but I really enjoyed our time there.

We did all the touristy highlights:

Pike Place Market for starters.

Pike Place Market

Pike Place Market

We tasted a Marionberry Piroshky at Piroshky Piroshky.

Maronberry Piroshky

And gagged at the gum wall. Ick.

Gum Wall

We then boarded the ferry to Bainbridge Island.

Seattle Waterfront

Maria and Brandon

Seattle Waterfront

Our destination? Mora Iced Creamery.

Cherry Ice Cream

I got the maraschino cherry cream and it was divine. Long lines and Yelp reviews never lie.

Finally, we packed up and said goodbye to our friends. They were kind enough to spread a little Seattle love and gave us these Seahawks shirts with the invitation to visit again for a football game. I'm totally down with that. 49er's who?

Maria and Brandon

I just finished unpacking and now it's time for laundry and repacking for my next trip: New York City. I go into the office tomorrow, then take the first flight out Wednesday morning, staying until next Tuesday (for business so I'll be working most of the time). I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

Time to hit the hay early and try to adjust myself to EST. After this next trip, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a hibernating the rest of the year.



4 comments:

  1. sounds like a good intro to Seattle - and yay for marionberries! I grew up/now live again in Portland and we love our marionberries :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Portland is on our list of places to visit soon! I'll have to email you and get recommendations.

    Ooh, maronberries are delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Seattle!! Love it! I want to go back so bad. I'm actually very jealous you are in NYC. The US open was going on and I would love to go one day!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...