Sep 30, 2013

Recipe Review: Cauliflower Crust Pizza


Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Recipe By: Eating Bird Food | Execution: A Healthy Slice of Life

Yes, you are on the right blog. This is indeed a recipe review. As in, I cooked. Miracles do happen friends.

I've been curious about this cauliflower pizza recipe since I saw it on A Healthy Slice of Life...a recipe aimed for toddlers. Well, I'm no child, but I do eat like one and could sneak a few more veggies in my diet. I followed this Brittany's recipe and this Brittany's step-by-step directions.

I picked up a bag of Trader Joe's fresh wheat pizza dough for Brandon, figuring he'd turn his nose up at a crust made of cauliflower. Turns out he preferred the cauliflower crust and so did I. Sure, the texture is not pizza dough texture (it's softer, though the edges are crisp), there's so much flavor, you really won't care. And it was surprisingly filling. We were pretty shocked.

Final verdict: This recipe was pinned straight into my coveted "tried and true" Pinterest board. Oh, and I'm making it again this week.

1 comment:

  1. I've not tried the cheesy cauliflower crusts (since I'm a cheese whore and like to smother the top of my pies with it), but I have tried one with just cauliflower, egg, and flour and it was really good! I like the flexibility of the crust...strong enough to support a good amount of toppings with a little chew factor to it!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...