Aug 1, 2013

My Skincare Routine and Favorite Products


Notice that I don't say my new skincare routine or even my improved skincare routine. Why? Because I never had a skincare routine until this past year. Yes, I'd buy a tube of face scrub here and there based on if it smelled okay and had fun packaging, but for the first 28ish years of my life, I simply used a bar of soap on my face. I know. I'm lucky I didn't do permanent damage.

With the ultimate best birthday ever (3-0) is coming up this October, I knew had to get serious this year. Eye cream research was underway and suddenly, I had accumulated all this stuff:

Skincare Products

And I even left one out, which happens to be my favorite of the bunch: Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser. It seriously makes my face feel like a baby's bottom. I keep in the shower.

So for my routine...

Night
  1. Shower and use Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser
  2. Apply Clinique RepairWare Laser Focus Eye Cream - I try not to spend a lot of money on "beauty products", but this stuff is worth the beans. I saw immediate results and even have coworkers tell me I look like I get a lot of sleep (I don't). Best beauty investment listed here. 
Morning
  1. Wash my face immediately upon waking up with Clinique Liquid Facial Soap - Unscented, mild and very refreshing. 
  2. Apply Weleda Pomegranate Firming Serum -  I won this from a blog a long time ago and it has lasted almost 2 years. It makes my face feel tight. Not sure if that's possible, but it does. 
  3. Another application of RepairWare Laser Focus Eye Cream.
  4. Apply small amount of Mary Kay Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20
  5. Apply eye makeup + blush and then dust BareMinerals Mineral Veil with SPF 20 all over for a fresh face and more sun protection. - I've talked about it before, but this stuff is amazing. I've seen a huge difference in my skin tone and softness since using it. 
Occasional Use
  1. Neutrogena Acne Spot Treatment - I don't break out often, but when I do, this nips it in the bud. 
  2. Clinique Gentle Eye Makeup Remover - Usually my face wash(es) remove all makeup, but sometimes, I need this to take off some smudges. It's just okay, but I like how it isn't oily. 
It looks like a lot of work, doesn't it? Really, it takes no time at all (less than 3 minutes in the morning, less than a 1 minute at night) and as I mentioned, my skin has never looked better. It appears to be younger, has less variation in color, and stays very fair due to all the SPF going on up there (pale skin = healthy). Sure, I get some days where the creases of my nose break out, but otherwise, my skin is looking in tip top shape.

I'd do some of my favorite makeup next, but I'm still working out the kinks there...and figuring out this thing they call eyeliner, though I'm about to throw in the towel on that one.



What's your skincare routine like and has it changed since you've becoming older and wiser? 





5 comments:

  1. Brittany TrenthamAugust 4, 2013 at 8:26 AM

    I use the Weleda face moisturizer, and I just ordered that firming serum!! My skin care products have changed a lot since getting older and wiser. I use better products and more naturals ones now. Plus, I never skimp on the SPF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I try to pick up natural ones when I can - and I can tell a huge difference when I do! SPF does wonders...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think in the past couple of years I FINALLY found a good facewash/lotion by Neutrogena that doesn't bother my skin. I also make sure not to actually wash my face when I don't have make-up on...just cold water does the trick. If I wash it too much it gets irritated. I also picked up some eye cream for the first time since I peddled the stuff years ago lol.



    Oh the reason for the eye cream? I asked Dave how he liked my new eye make-up and he asked why I put dark shadow under my eyes. Dead serious. He literally had no idea it was because I was sleep deprived and they were...dark circles under my eyes! He isn't the most observant dude and apparently had never known what dark circles looked like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! His comment was innocent enough, but wow - haha! I hope were able to laugh it off and remember to hit the hay earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Thanks, Maria. I am closer to 50 than 30, and I have never had a skincare routine. I am blessed with good skin, but years of sun exposure are catching up with me fast! I'm definitely going to follow your lead on this.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...