Jul 21, 2013

Wunderlich County Park


Wunderlich County Park

Wunderlich County Park

Wunderlich County Park

Wunderlich County Park

Wunderlich County Park

Wunderlich County Park

Wunderlich County Park

There's something about turkey sandwiches from a country grocery store wrapped in butcher paper. Actually, there's something about sandwiches in general...the rule of thumb is that if they are made by someone else, they automatically taste 10x better than what you can make at home. And especially tasty on a long hot hike through Wunderlich Country Park.

It was this hike that revealed how ridiculously out of shape I am. I've been sort of kind of keeping up with my workouts, but not with any sort of high intensity. It was a bit humbling and tedious at times, but if any type of workout promises Robert's Market sandwiches half way through, you can count me in.

Short Review for Locals:
Just off 280 in Woodside, Wundelich is a moderate 5 mile loop hike that consists of a gradual incline the first 2.5 miles and slopes down on the second half. It wasn't crowded and the (free) parking lot had a quite a few empty spaces. There's plenty of shade so this is definitely a summer hike and you might get lucky to meet a few horse friends along the way. It ranks up there as one of my favorites.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and beautiful words! I do love me some sandwiches! And the couple of hikes I've been on absolutely humbled me. Blend 2012 for example...the stair-step hike up the mountain in an area that already made me run out of breath just walking! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that emotion regarding sandwiches. I pretty much never make them at home, and yet, when someone else makes them, and wraps them in that sub shop paper...perfection.


    When you come to Virginia--or I guess I should say "go" since I don't live there anymore!--if you get over to Charlottesville, I really want you to go to Bellair Market. It is in a gas station, but I swear, they make the best sandwiches in town. The Ednam has avocado and bacon and is about the best thing ever. [I haven't had it in years because of the bacon, but trust me.]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca @ Blueberry SmilesJuly 23, 2013 at 10:49 AM

    i love wunderlich and robert's market. i'll have to put this hike on my august to-do list...it's been way too long! great way to spend a summer day

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...