Jul 19, 2013

On My Mind


I've been wanting to write a post all week and have tried really hard to write something meaningful and worthy of your time, when I finally threw up my hands and said, forget it. I write this blog because I just like to write what's on my mind. Speaking of which:

I love how my friends are always sending me lemon recipes because I profess my love of lemons daily. Maria sent me this drink recipe and in return, I talked her into buying a dress she's been wanting. Soul mates. We even have the same name.

I've been trying very hard to stop drinking Diet Coke (and diet sodas in general).  I was doing pretty well until today when I tried a new (to me) brand of BBQ potato chips and swore they would taste so much better with a Diet Coke over crushed ice. And you know what? They did. One Diet Coke a week never killed anyone.

If I put together an outfit in the morning and I really like it, I take a photo. This comes in handy when I hate everything in my closet (4 out of 5 mornings a week). I have an album of all these photos on my desktop and I reference them often. Here are some samples:

Outfit Collage

Is this weird? Possibly. Is it useful? Absolutely. My brain does not function before 8am. Sometimes I wish I were a fashion blogger, but I don't think I have anything new to offer. I also lack the self confidence to pose in public areas with a tripod. You fashion bloggers are whacko.

My little brother wants to try to lose some weight and get healthy, so I surprised him with a Fit Bit. Little does he know, I just need someone to compete with because Brandon is quite the Fit Bit slacker and offers me no competition. On a more serious note, I love surprising my family with random gifts in the mail. If I can't see them the very often, the least I can do is send them gifts so they don't forget who I am.

On that note, I leave for Virginia in a couple weeks! Mayberry is calling my name: front porch swings, sticky humidity, heat lightening and picking green beans in my aunt's garden. No place I'd rather be.

Royal Baby Watch. I don't know if it's because I'm at that baby-bearing age or hormones or what, but I'm obsessed with this little prince or princess. I cannot wait to see what they name he or she (baby names are my favorite topic of discussion - Gchat me) and what kind of designer diaper bag the Duchess of Cambridge chooses. Do royals carry diaper bags or does someone else do that for them? So many questions. So much anticipation.



5 comments:

  1. Is it weird to have a folder of cute outfit photos? No, in fact it sounds kind of GENIUS! I guess it makes me think of "Clueless" and Cher's computer/closet thing. Remember that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are adorable! That's a genius idea to take pictures of outfits! I have a feeling that once I get a real job I might have to do this...unless I get to wear workout clothes like I do now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany TrenthamJuly 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM

    That is such a good idea to take pics of outfits... I'm so doing that! I need to get a fitbit so that I can compete with you! :) That would be too fun. And yes.. we need to gchat. I MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister-in-law kept a notebook her entire first year of teaching of everything she wore every day so she wouldn't repeat outfits too often. Instead of finding this weird, I found it strangely genius.


    Lemon forever! I honestly can't have anything lemon-flavored WITHOUT thinking of you...this might creep you out, but I don't care. When I ordered a vanilla buttercream and lemon mousse cake for my stepsister's bridal shower, I honestly thought, "Maria is going to be so jealous."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your outfits are always so cute!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...