Jun 29, 2013

Q&A


It's Saturday and like 110 degrees outside, so I'm relaxing with the a/c blasting and enjoying some major downtime after a very long week...which brings me to the 110th narcissistic survey on my blog.

Stole this from A Foodie Stays Fit. She's adorable.

1. What did you eat for breakfast?

A small glass of cranberry watermelon Goodbelly and some chicken apple sausage. I wasn't too hungry since I had a bowl of spaghetti at oh, 9:30 last night.

2. How much water do you drink a day?

I try to drink at least 2-3 cups of green or white tea (love love love tea) and when I work out, I usually down 2 Camelbaks of water. I really need to cool it with the Diet Coke though. We all have our vices.

piccetti-ranch-hike-6

3. What is your current favorite workout?

I don't have a favorite workout, but I do have a favorite workout move: single leg deadlifts. They make me sore in all the right places. I just do them in my living room with an 8lb weight.

4. What are your favorite healthy snacks?

Buffalo jerky from TJ's. Watermelon. Cucumbers. Juices (current combo consists of cucumbers, lemon, green apples and romaine).

5. What do you usually eat for lunch?

It changes so much. But I normally stick to salads or sandwiches. The other day I had a deconstructed samosa with chicken from Curry Up Now. So amazing.

6. What is your favorite part of your body to strength train?

See above, my glutes and hams. I also enjoy shoulder workouts because I can see definition much faster. Arnold presses are my favorite.

7. What is your least favorite part of your body to strength train?

Definitely abs. I hate ab work. I tend to just drop and do a plank every now and then. Like during commercials.

8. What are your "bad" food cravings?

Chips! Pretzels! Salty. Salty. Salty.

Really anything that falls under the chips and pretzel category. I do not discriminate, but BBQ is my favorite. And I am pretty sure I can beat Brittany in a chips and salsa eating contest.

IMG_2663

9. Do you take vitamins or supplements?

No. Should I? I mean I drink Fit Mixer aminos, but that's only because it tastes like Tropical Punch Kool Aid.

10.  How often do you eat out?

I plead the Fifth.

11. Do you eat fast food. 

Yes. Chipotle. Subway. Chick-Fil-A. In-N-Out.

But absolutely detest McDonald's and Burger King. Yuck. Wendy's is kind of gross these days too. Except for the Frosty. I can always go for a Frosty with some french fries.

Fries from Gott's Roadside

12. Who is your biggest supporter?

Brandon and my momma are my biggest fans. I don't even know how they are still capable of loving me after the frantic almost-in-tears phone calls I made to them all week long. It's been a rough week at work. I also have two amazing brothers who are pretty much my best friends. I talk to them almost daily.

IMG_2645
We are practically twins, my mom and I.

13. Do you have a gym membership?

I do not. I've been a member to a variety of gyms in the past few years but haven't found one that I really wanted to stick with. I usually just end up using my apartment's gym. It's free (eh, sort of).

14. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?

I prefer 9, but usually get about 7.

15. Do you have a cheat day?

Nope. I just eat normally. Whatever normal is these days.

16. Do you drink alcohol?

Not really. I mean, I will sip wine on a special occasion and if someone else is paying, but not on a regular basis. I do like it, but not how it makes me feel and the things it makes me say. I'm such a lightweight and one glass of wine and I'm telling my life story to anyone who will listen. So embarrassing.

17. Do you have a workout buddy?

Sadly no. Any takers?

18. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?

I think just having a healthy mindset about food. Not thinking about it too much. Being able to enjoy what I want and not have to count calories or restrict carbs. I love to eat and life is short, so I just go with it.

19. What is the last healthy thing you did?

Carried a watermelon up three flights of stairs. Tonight, I'm going to eat it.


4 comments:

  1. I don't even know where to begin. (In a good way.)

    All winter, I was anti-fitmixer for being too sweet, but there must be something about the association between Kool-Aid and summer that makes me want to consume them ALL THE TIME.

    Also, I think you need to be my workout buddy, because I must not be doing deadlifts correctly. When we do them for athletic conditioning, I have an instructor there to help me, and then I THINK I remember how to do it right...but I question that when I go to do BBB.

    Thank you for making me now want not only french fries and ice cream, but a giant watermelon.



    Not that that is any different from normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany TrenthamJune 30, 2013 at 6:02 PM

    I love this!! I'll be your workout buddy!! :) So just move on out here, and we can be neighbors and workout buddies. puh-lease??

    Now, I'm craving watermelon.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camelbak's make it so much easier to drink water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I'm a lightweight too. Call me crazy, but even the tiny bit of alcohol in kombucha makes my legs feel tingly.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...