Jun 22, 2013

Life, Lately


Silver Lake Vegan Tieks

1. Oh Tieks. You had me at hello. To be honest, I've been feeling a little sorry for myself lately, which resulted in these ballet flats. Sorry that I am at this very moment missing out on a family vacation to The Outer Banks due to work obligations. Sorry that I work far more overtime than I ever anticipated and sorry that I'm letting it get to me. So I bought these shoes as a reward for all my work. And then I promised myself that I'd stop complaining and just let it go.

2. On the bright side of things, I booked a flight to Virginia in August. I haven't seen my mom since Christmas and that's just pure blasphemy. Dear Mom, I will never let more than 8 months pass by without seing you ever again.

3. We have friends staying with us from Seattle for the upcoming 4th of July weekend. I haven't the faintest idea how to host guests, especially with one bed and one bathroom, but nonetheless, I look forward to catching up and enjoying the weekend. So far, in preparation for their arrival, I've washed our shower curtain liner (it's fabric), scrubbed out the refrigerator (which is easy when there is no food in it), cleaned the kitchen floor (crumb city) and windexed all the glass in the apartment. Now I just need to stay in a hotel and not live here until then and we'll be good to go.

4. We had photos taken of us at work for a website and the photographer, of course, picked the goofiest one of me to use. I've put it on my about page for your amusement.  I also changed it to black and white because I had the not so genius idea to wear mint + orange that day. What was I thinking?

5. I was doing okay with this whole not being able to go home and spend a week with our family at the beach ordeal. I was determined to stay optimistic and started counting down the days until next year's trip. Then Brandon just messaged me "Wish you were here" and I completely lost it. Excuse me while I find the nearest Baskins Robbins.


2 comments:

  1. awww. :( suck. I'd've bought some cute shoes too if I couldn't go to the beach to see my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany TrenthamJune 27, 2013 at 5:36 PM

    aww! So wish I could come keep you company!! I'm so glad you get to go home in August though. It will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...