May 5, 2013

Progress


Five weeks of bootcamp finished! I took a little break this week as I neither had the time nor energy to workout, but I was happy with the extra rest days. I'm still trying to get in the groove of my new work schedule and might attempt to workout in the mornings this week. Don't hold me to that.

Today I completed the mid-bootcamp fit test and was excited to see that despite (or perhaps because of) my few days off, I improved in each category.

BBB Fit Test

I wouldn't say I improved leaps and bounds, but progress is progress.  I'm really happy that I finished that mile with energy to spare as opposed to the first fit test where I thought my lungs were going to burst. I started off a bit conservative as I haven't been running much lately and didn't know what to expect. We won't talk about how this used to be my 5K pace. Ha!

Biggest improvement: push ups. I did the same number overall as last time, but 5 more from my toes!

What I need to work on: planks. I hate any sort of ab work (almost as much as I hate to run sometimes), so to be honest, I skipped a lot of the core stuff in bootcamp. After all, abs are made in the kitchen  right?

...

P.S. I heard Tina is opening another bootcamp (new and improved with added features) starting June 17th. Who's with me?




8 comments:

  1. You have done great girl!!! so... is it possible to gain 5 pounds from doing bootcamp?? because I have. whoops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's muscle! At least you didn't just gain 5 lbs for no reason.

    Or maybe it's the bread.

    Yeah. Probably the bread.

    Oops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Look at you. I don't think I can do any of that. If you remind me, I will perhaps do bootcamp this time. I just never remember to sign up. I really do need a kick in the butt for strength training.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm I am toying with the idea of signing up. I need a kick in the butt strength training wise. Is there a schedule?

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a schedule M-F with a variety of strength and cardio workouts, but it's totally flexible. If I don't get my strength tonight, I'll just do it tomorrow or save it for the weekend. Also, a lot of people use the strength workouts and then do their own cardio thing if they are training for a race. Each workout counts and you get to put in little X's when you complete one, which is my favorite part :)


    Like I mentioned before, you can do the strength workouts at home too. I use 5lb and 8lb dumbbells and that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I sign up, I'll ping you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm bread. I found this really yummy bread at Trader Joe's that's made with flaxseed. So good.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...