Apr 1, 2013

Humbling


I skipped my Sunday Confessions post yesterday because I have an actual legit confession to make here:

I'm out of shape. 

I signed up for my second round of Tina's Best Body Bootcamp (which starts today), so yesterday I started with the pre-Fit Test.

Want to see my results while I go hide my head in shame?

BBB Beginning Fit Test Results

Don't get me wrong, these results are in no way pathetic, but compared to where I was before my knee injury: yikes. For instance, I used to do 25ish pushups in a minute all from my toes.

Let's talk about that mile. It was brutal. It was humbling. It brought back memories of the mile run in middle school - and those are not good memories.

When I was on a running kick a few years ago, 9:44/mile was my 10K pace. After this mile, I plopped myself down on the treadmill and tried to catch my breathe. I actually laughed at myself afterwards, because there's really no sense in beating yourself up on not being in running shape.

I have been doing a little bit of running (in intervals) lately, so I was taken back by how crappy my endurance is right now. Hiking endurance: through the roof. Running endurance: nonexistent.

Running ECard

I really don't mind being humbled. Especially when it comes to workouts because I have so much room for growth. And I'm happy that my knee is finally healed up and I can actually run a mile without pain. So I'm already winning.

I'll keep you updated on how the bootcamp is working for me this time. I'll need to do some modifications because I plan to use my apartment gym and what little equipment I have at home.



Anyone else in Best Body Bootcamp Round 5? When was the last time a workout truly humbled you?


7 comments:

  1. I'm having regret for not signing up now... :(
    Anyways, though you aren't in the shape you want to be, I'm sure you'll be bouncing back really quickly with Tina's workouts! Looking forward to hearing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish you had and I think you still can, but the price just went up :( But if your current plan is working, then why not just stick to it?


    I'm sure her workouts will have me back on track in no time. They are no joke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you've acknowledged that their is always room for growth, what a way to keep it positive girl! I need to take that approach, embrace it and work towards my goals! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it super motivating to have to start back from the beginning (at least with running). In my mind, I can only go up from here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brittany TrenthamApril 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM

    I forgot to do my fit test. Whoops. Oh well, What I don't know won't hurt me! ;) You will whip back into shape asap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um. I run like a 10+ minute mile. Granted, I run a lot of them in a row usually, but should I be worried?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you do run 10+min mileS. I can only run one and it killed me :)

    So no, do not worry!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...