Apr 1, 2013

Daffodil Hill


This Easter weekend, we took a trip up to Northern California to check out a place called Daffodil Hill. It's pretty self-explanatory.

A hill. With Daffodils.

Daffodil Hill-12

Daffodil Hill-11

Lots and lots of daffodils.

Daffodil Hill-8

Daffodil Hill-4

Daffodil Hill is located in a tiny town called Volcano, California (population: 100) and it was the perfect little day trip for us. While we enjoy the Bay Area, sometimes its nice to escape all the crowds and head out to our roots: the boondocks.

Daffodil Hill-27

Also worth mentioning: it was free! So naturally, it was packed. A lot of people where there taking advantage of the beautiful weather (70 degrees) and gorgeous surroundings for Easter photos.

Daffodil Hill-17

So cute.

Daffodil Hill-23

Brandon and I mostly used our trusty 100mm macro lens and he came out with these two great shots.

Daffodil Hill-24

Tulips are one of my favorite flowers and this color might top the list.

We also spent some time wondering the trails nearby and some redwoods.

Daffodil Hill-21

And met some farm animals.

Daffodil Hill-18

Finally, after a few hours of photos and one sunburnt husband later, we drove back to town and had supper. I normally call it dinner, but when your dinner involves fried chicken, I'm pretty sure the correct terminology is supper.

Daffodil Hill-25

Fried chicken, mac and cheese and arugula salad from Volcano Union Pub + Inn.

With some ice tea on the side of course. And followed by this:

Strawberry Cobbler

Strawberry cobbler with ice cream. Perfection.

Maria & Brandon

Hope y'all had a Happy Easter as well!

5 comments:

  1. Travel your behind to CHARLESTON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca @ Blueberry SmilesApril 2, 2013 at 9:37 AM

    I've never heard of Daffodil HIll! So pretty-- I have to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's up towards Sacramento and only open a few weekends year (when they are blooming, obviously). Definitely a fun little day trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brittany TrenthamApril 2, 2013 at 3:53 PM

    That place is gorgeous, and so are you!!! I'm so jealous of that 70 degree weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like a peacock.

    Dinner versus supper? I think that is a blog topic you should address. Along with how to make mac and cheese like that.


    So when I'm trying to get centered in yoga, I think about yellow and white tulips. Except sometimes they merge with daffodils in my mind to create a hybrid flower. We shall call it a tulodil? Daffo-lip? Doo-lip?

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...