Mar 26, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday


Monday, on a whim, I decided to participate in another What I Ate Wednesday (hosted by Jenn) and quickly realized why I don't have a food journaling blog. Taking photos of my food is hard work and time consuming (of course, compared to most things in life, it's not that hard, but you know what I mean).



Also, I have seriously neglected my 100mm macro lens as of late. It's a beautiful lens that Brandon bought me one year for Christmas and it's a beast, so I don't lug it around that often. But, I broke it out because I really want to practice with it again and what better way to practice than taking photos of your food?

Except, the lighting in our apartment: bane of my existence. Too dark in some spots, too light in others. We don't have a dining room table and our kitchen has a blinding florescent.

Enough whining. On to the food.

Breakfast


Greek Yogurt Mess

Fage cherry pomegranate greek yogurt with some Multigrain Cheerios and strawberries.

Green Tea

Green tea x2.

Apple

Gala apple.

Lunch

I stepped out to run some errands and when I got back, I wanted to eat the entire contents of my refrigerator. So I did.

Sweet Potato Hash

Sweet potato hash:
  • 1 japanese sweet potato
  • 1 cup of spinach
  • 1 egg + 1 egg white
  • 1 Morningstar Farms faux sausage patty
  • spices: oregano, basil, salt, pepper, sprinkle of cumin
  • ketchup - duh

Yeah, that's the ugliest lunch you've ever seen. Sorry. 

Ice Water

Water x2

Afternoon Snack

Cashew Crunch

Handful of these guys. So good.

Chimes Ginger Chews

Also, about 10 Chimes mango ginger chews throughout the day. Obsessed with these.

Post Workout

I went to the gym to read my book and do some treadmill walking. I took it easy on the workout because we hiked a lot on Sunday and I was a bit sore.

Good Belly Coconut Water

Came back and had a glass of Good Belly. I seriously cannot live without this stuff. This is my first time trying the coconut water flavor (found it at Nob Hill if any of you locals are interested)...and I liked it. Not too sweet, but full of coconut flavor. My favorite Good Belly flavor though is the watermelon one, which you can find at Whole Foods. Actually, all the Good Belly flavors are pretty amazing...and the product works. That's all I have to say about that.

Full disclose: A while back, Good Belly sent me some coupons to try their 12 Day Challenge. I used those up a long time ago and have since been buying Good Belly with my own money - that's how much I like it. 

Dinner

Salad

Side salad of romaine, two carrots, half a cucumber, sliced ham, and Trader Joe's Tuscan Italian dressing (which I don't like too much, but need to finish the bottle)...

TJ's Minestrone Soup

...and a whole can of Trader Joe's Minestrone Soup. I add touch of salt to it (it comes as low sodium, which I appreciate but, is so bland), parsley and a ton of pepper. I add pepper to most of my savory dishes no matter what.

Evening Snack
(While watching Dancing with the Stars)

Lemon Luna Bar

The only flavor I want to eat.

Teavana

More tea.

I love to mix the Teavana Youthberry loose leaf with the Wild Orange Blossom. It tastes like Spring. And while I rarely add sugar to any of my teas, I do add a bit of Stevia to this mix. It's amazing.

...

Later in the evening, I wanted something salty, so I had a couple of pickles and a few slices of deli turkey. By then, I was seriously over the photos and I'm sure you know what pickles and turkey look like.

There you have it, What I Ate Wednesday (err, Monday).

11 comments:

  1. Your lunch!!! I want!!! I bought the Gin Gins brand of chews and I looooove them. I need to buy that brand next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. think your lunch looks great! we will have to give that coconut water a try ;) as we love coconut water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love Youthberry! I keep meaning to buy Teavana and never get around to it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haley @ The Saucy AppleMarch 27, 2013 at 10:18 AM

    I have never tried Coconut Water, but I hear such good things! Thanks for reminding me to pick some up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It takes some getting used to. Good Belly would be a great place to start or Zico! I find that they are the sweetest, but not too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teavana is one of my splurges. So ridiculously expensive, yet so so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brittany TrenthamMarch 27, 2013 at 5:08 PM

    I want that lunch girl! I wish we lived closer and could chat over tea! Soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My lunch was inspired by your egg scrambles!


    I do need a tea chatting partner :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've tried the Good Belly drinks before...thought they were pretty tasty, but unfortunately didn't really notice any differences...but they didn't have the coconut OR the watermelon around then! Both sound delicious! And I'm sorry, you may think your lunch looks ugly, but it's seriously making me drool! Nothing like eggs and potatoes with some ketchup! And I love the pic of the apple...very "artsy"...which reminds me that I have a new lens I need to bust out and start playing with! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know, I didn't notice a difference until I STOPPED drinking Good Belly :) But yes, even if they don't work for you, the watermelon flavor is to die for. Of course, I love anything watermelon, so I'm a little biased.


    New lens are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, so you said that was the ugliest lunch ever, and I'm over here thinking how good it looks, and how I would totally eat that for lunch every day. [Now that I eat eggs and whatnot...] Also, your photography skills are pretty fabulous for being out of practice. I use my fancy cam every day and I can't do anything special until I put the pictures into editing software. :)


    The coconut GoodBelly is my favorite. I don't think they worked as well the second time I did the challenge, but I still love it anyway.


    Confession: I actually read this yesterday and then never commented, but the sight of the GoodBelly made me go buy some at the store after reading.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...