Mar 8, 2013

The Friday Five


Apparently, this is steal-other-blogger's-post-ideas-week (did you check out my accent vlog, yet?), so who better to steal from than my pal Christina? Her Friday Five posts are my favorite, especially the gifs.

Here goes. Christina, I hope you take this as compliment rather than a copyright violation.

What I'm Reading

I just finished The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes and The Midwife's Confession by Diane Chamberlain. Once I find a book I like, I start reading every single book by the same author. I'll probably start Secret Lives next.



Also, I don't write about it much, but I'm huge reader. I typically read 2-3 books a month. It gets pricey, but books to me are like wine to you: worth every penny and may cause difficulty in waking up the next morning.

What I'm Eating

When we were settled on the plane taking us from Maui back to San Jose, Brandon and I both looked at each other in panic - we totally forgot to buy chocolate covered macadamia nuts. A crying shame since that's pretty much the only reason we go to Hawaii. We saw a lady with 12 pack of them and considered offering her money for a box, but thought it might be kind of rude.

So we sulked.

And then tonight I went to World Market and what did I find?



I'm sure we'll find other reasons to return to Hawaii again. 


Recipes I'm Bookmarking

Yes I Want Cake's (Katie's) Sweet Potato Hash


Don't let that chocolate up there fool you, I'm a savory fiend through and through - especially when it comes to breakfast. Also, this has sausage in it. Enough said. 


What I'm Listening To

Still listening to Red, even though I'm kind of mad at Taylor for her remarks about Tina Fey and Amy Poehler...I thought she was cooler than that. Also, Ed Sheeran is amazing in Everything Has Changed. 



GIFs Memes I'm Loving




Happy Friday, friends!




6 comments:

  1. Katie is a genius isn't she?? I'm loving Taylor's Red album too... makes me feel so young! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girllll you know I love this! If you're reading that much, where is your library card?!?! Save yourself some money! I just saw the box of macadamia nuts and got so jealous but since you didn't get any either, we can sulk together. I'm excited for your new job to start!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. I know. I'm lame though and stubborn and I don't to read anything unless it's on my Kindle. It's eco-friendly though, right?


    Found the chocolate nuts at World Market...not quite as good though as the ones from Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's Hawaiian bbq kettle chips at World Market that are to die for. The sales lady suggested I eat them with sour cream bc they're a bit spicy and omg, yum. Best combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are speaking my language. BBQ chips are my FAVORITE snack of all time. I must go grab some of those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, Taylor Swift shouldn't mess around with Amy and Tina. LOVE "Everything Has Changed." Your experience with chocolate covered macadamia nuts is similar to my obsession with chocolate covered guava in Costa Rica. Unfortunately, World Market was unable to meet that need. It does, however, have lots of other impulse buy-inducing treasures, so I forgive it.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...