Mar 21, 2013

Recipe Review: Healthier Snickerdoodles


Healthier Snickerdoodles
Recipe by: The Cheapskate Cook

I'm not a chocolate chip cookie kind of girl. Actually, I'm not a chocolate kind of girl at all. Give me lemons and citrus-y desserts. Sugar cookies with sprinkles. Warm vanilla and cinnamon. Snickerdoodles.

They aren't fancy or showy and consist of ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry, so you can pretty much make these cookies at anytime. So the other night when a cookie craving hit - I literally saw a cookie recipe on a blog and just had to have some cookies - I whipped up these healthier snickerdoodles.

And they were fantastic.

Don't let the name fool you though. These bad boys still have a full cup of butter and a good amount of sugar, so they aren't healthy in the least. But, the whole wheat pastry flour and ground flax seed adds a bit of nutritional value. Also, when you're craving a cookie, I believe you should just throw caution to the wind and have the real thing anyways.


{ This post is the first in my new series of recipe reviews. I don't ever create my own recipes, but thought it would be fun to review ones that I like and give some other bloggers credit for their hard work in the kitchen. }


6 comments:

  1. Haley @ The Saucy AppleMarch 22, 2013 at 6:45 AM

    Great idea, Maria! I am pretty clueless when it comes to making up recipes, but I absolutely love to follow others recipes. On a side note, I can't believe you don't like chocolate! Although I have a brother who's not a chocolate fan, too, so I guess I can understand. ;) Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I want these. Especially because you made them. At first I was like wait, a recipe?! Where am I...but YAY! I'm excited for you to post more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm I've made whole wheat lemon doodles that were awesome!! (recipe on the blog!)
    I think all you can do with sweets is make them "healthier" because if you make them totally healthy...there would be no added sugar, thus not sweet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lemon 'Doodles?!?! HOLD THE PHONE. I need those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why this post just incited me to say "You are so precious," but it does.


    Every time I see anything lemon I think of you. Is that weird? Not like in a creepy stalkerish way, but in a 'You mailed me those amazing lemon cookies that I ate every single crumb of--like pouring crumbs into my mouth--and my life was forever changed' kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup!! Here's the recipe: http://www.semihealthyblog.com/2012/07/whole-wheat-lemon-doodles.html Makes me want to BAKE SOMETHING ASAP! :)

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...