Mar 20, 2013

Pondering Personal Thoughts Survey


Rebecca from Blueberry Smiles (a fellow Bay Area-n, might I add) posted this fun survey on her blog via Kenlie at All the Weigh. I think I was supposed to post this on Monday, so I apologize to Kenlie for not following the rules and to you, my dear reader, for subjecting you to yet another survey.

It's a good one though, I know you'll forgive me.

Pondering Personal Thoughts

1. How would you feel if you didn't know how old you were?

Easily 24 or 25. I still feel like I just graduated college and I'm trying to figure out my place in this world. And I still feel way too young to be buying a house, paying taxes, and contributing to a 401K and all those grown up things.

2. Are you the kind of friend you'd want to have a friend? 

I'd like to think I am. Despite my tendencies, I try not to be a Stage Five Clinger, but I can't help but want to know all the details of my friends' lives. What they had for breakfast. What outfit they are wearing today. What they thought of the latest Walking Dead episode. Luckily a few of them have blogs and I don't have to pressure them.

On a more serious note, I think I'm a great listener and even though I don't have any great advice like, say, my mom, I try to make time for friends as much as possible. I like to stay in touch too. Even if it's an email to say "Hi".

3. Look back at the last year. When did you feel most excited about something in your life?

Where do I begin? I'm easily excited, people. Just ask my husband. He says, "Let's go to Chipotle". I'm excited. Dexter came on Netflix? Yes! Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is on TV? Heck, yeah. Time for bed? Can't.contain.myself.

Again, on a more serious note, I'd say when we booked our Hawaii trip, I was pretty stoked. Also, when we started to talk about buying a house and when I landed in D.C. to head home for Christmas. And when we vacationed in the Outer Banks. Good times.

Outer Banks 2012-20

4. Have you ever been with someone and not spoken a word, only to walk away thinking that was the best conversation ever? 

Eh, to be honest. No. Good conversation is key. Also, silence is awkward. I have enough awkward in my life already.

5. If you won 100 million dollars on Monday, would you continue doing whatever you usually do on Tuesdays? 

Heck no. Can you say one way ticket to The Maldives? Then after a few weeks, I'd buy a house on the water somewhere (I'm thinking Charleston, SC) and fly our families down and have a clam bake on the beach, catered by Bobby Flay. Then, we'd have fireworks, catch lightening bugs and eat smores by a bonfire.

What? I've thought about this before. 

I'd also give a ton of money to my favorite charity, Wish of a Lifetime, a charity that makes the elderly's wishes come true. Also, I'd give money to FLY (I volunteer for them), My New Red Shoes, and Year Up. Oh and Ronald McDonald House, because they've helped both mine and Brandon's family members in the past. I love nonprofits that have creative solutions to world problems.

6. What would do differently if knew no one would judge you? 

Let's see. First, I'd wear my most comfortable pair of yoga pants to the grocery store, hair in a messy bun. Oh wait. I already do that.

I guess I would talk more openly about my political views, but we ain't opening that can of worms.

Lastly, I'd get tickets to a Taylor Swift concert.

7. Share something you do differently than most people. 

I shower at night instead of the morning.

I'm a proud South Paw/Lefty! In fact, my two brothers are South Paws too! What are the odds?

8. What is one thing you really want to do but have never done? 

Even though I hate heights, I'd love to go up in a hot air ballon. Maybe they could strap me in there somehow.

Also, travel Europe in the fall. Not backpack - I need all my stuff. But I'd like to shop in Paris, eat pizza in Rome, and visit Emma in the Netherlands!

crosskeys-wine-tasting-1

9. If you had to move out of state right now, where would you move to? 

Oh gosh, do you even have to ask? Colorado, obviously. Or The Hamptons so I can live in this house.

10. What is the one thing you'd like to change most about the world? 

Driver's licenses are more difficult to obtain. Affordable healthcare. IQ testing before having children or adopting a pet.

*Calm down, I'm only half joking. 



5 comments:

  1. Yaaah! Can't wait for you to visit!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a unique survey...and interesting to think about. I hate to say it, but I don't know that I'm as good of a friend to my friends as they are to me. I like to think I try to be...but then I get so much from them unexpectedly and never think I'm doing our friendship justice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a thought-provoking survey and I really enjoyed filling this one out. This question especially. And you, my FRIEND, are being too hard on yourself ;) Shall I get a a BFF heart necklace to prove otherwise?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your are my favorite kind of friend. Let's chat soon okay? We can talk politics if you want... no one judges here. ;p I MISS YOU!!!!
    Ps... I'm stealing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you win 100 million you BETTER come to Charleston! That or you fly me out to hang with you. Or both. Yeah, both. Ha!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...