Feb 4, 2013

What I'm Taking to Hawaii


Travel Zoo is your friend. Open up a new window right now and go sign up. They didn't pay me to say that (but they can if they'd like), I just like Travel Zoo a lot. On Wednesday, an email came up in my inbox with a Maui flight sale. Brandon, at work, seeing the same email says, messages me: "Let's do it."

And just like that, we are going to Hawaii! We had sort of planned to go on a big trip before I found a new job and didn't want to spend a fortune, so the sale came at a great time. We booked the flights and car together and I found a deal on a hotel with 5th night stay free and free breakfast.

Naturally, I started shopping for a swimsuit and I made a mood board of things I'm bringing/buying. I know, stop it with the mood boards already. Perhaps they will be my niche for my niche-less blog?

Hawaii Moodboard


1 ) MOSSIMO KIMONO DRESS - TARGET - $18
I have this dress in black and gray and it's the perfect swimsuit cover up as well as a fun casual dress. I really love this mint striped one and at $18, it's such a steal.

2 ) TERRY LOUNGE HOODY - OLD NAVY - $15
I have one of these in gray already and love this coral color. This is a super light-weight jacket and while probably be all I need as far as jackets go for the trip. I ordered this one yesterday during the Super Bowl Sale and got an additional 20% bringing it to $12.

3 ) HERITAGE SOLID TRIANGLE TOP + GLAMOUR GIRK BIKINI - JCREW - $42
Last summer I purchased like five bathing suits and ended up not liking any of them. So I went back to an old favorite: J.Crew. Their suits fit me so much better than any others and last at least three summers.   Also, their suits are free shipping and free returns, so I ordered a few different cuts to try. Warning: J.Crew is way into vanity sizing with their swimsuits, so order a size down.

4 ) COPPERTONE SENSITIVE SUNBLOCK IN SPF 50 - $9
This has been my favorite sunblock for years. I don't burn easily, but Brandon does no matter how much we slather on him...but he doesn't with this. We have like five bottles saved up in case they ever discontinue it.

5 ) BABY BEACH AVIATORS - MAUI JIMS - $250
I died in a little inside when I dished out the money for a pair of these last year, but I couldn't be happier with them. I used to wear a similar pair from Ray Ban, but they scratched easily and were broken after a year. My Maui Jim's still look new. Worth the money and if they DO break, they will fix them for free or on the cheap.

6 ) LANZA HEALING STYLE BEACH SPRAY - $10
I spray this on my hair after a shower and it creates texture and waves. A lifesaver for when you don't want to break out the flat iron.

7 ) SLIM STYLE FLIP FLOPS - HAVAIANAS - $26
Best flip flops for the beach, ever. They are cute. They hold up well. You can rinse off the sand.

8 ) PURE BODY V-NECK - GAP - $17
I've probably mentioned this before, but I swear by these tees. So soft and comfy and they don't stretch out like the similar ones that Target sells.


Clothing and accessories: check.

Flat abs: not so much. I'm going to get real good at planking in the next few weeks.

13 comments:

  1. ...and just like that, we're going to Hawaii. Oh to be young and childless! ;) That is GREAT and so exciting! And can I get a WHOOP for the baby beach aviators? I'm obsessed with mine, too.
    Did you get the Old Navy hoodie recently? I need something similar for our vacay coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. We are trying to be more spontaneous before the kiddos come, but I hope that I'll be the type of mom who will just pack em up and take em with me. Famous last words.

    Yes! I had an older one (in gray) and just ordered the pink one yesterday during their Super Bowl Sale for $12! It's still kind of on sale today for $14 - and it's totally worth it. Super lightweight and it's something I throw on to go to the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Jcrew swimsuits. They're the best! And now I need to pick up a bottle of that hair product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They really are. I'm so sad that I strayed from them for a few years. They are the only swimsuits that fully cover my rear without looking like granny pants. I hate that they don't have padding in most of the tops, but I found a product on Amazon to fix the headlight problem ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're forgetting something. Me. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! You can fit in my suitcase. Actually, you can go into Brandon's suitcase - I need to bring my all my crap with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! I love using those kimono dresses as cover-ups. So cute, and you look like you really put a lot of thought into looking good for the beach without being one of those girls who actually puts a lot of thought into looking good for the beach. Because who would want to be one of those? I mean, you know you are going to end up covered in sand and sunscreen and probably with kinked out hair, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was just a general comment directed at similar girls who care about what they look like at the gym. Not a direct comment to you.


    Just to clarify.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like, girls who wear heels on the beach. WTH?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ummm that sounds awesome!! Also I love that Target dress! Target is my favorite. It's basically right across the street for me so kinda dangerous!


    Excited for you and your beach trip girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Miss Sarah, you do make my day several times a week.


    I do know exactly what you mean. Like the women on the beach who don't want to get wet. UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with Amanda... I love that dress! We need to chat soon about Hawaii! We are thinking about a trip there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Email me! The only island I know anything about is Maui, but we've done a lot there, so I know what's worth it and what you can skip. How about you go at the end of this month, huh? Couples trips are my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...