Feb 3, 2013

Sunday Confessions



1. We are all guilty of whining about First World Problems. Mine this week had to deal with duvet covers. If you have a duvet + duvet cover you know what I'm talking about. Those things are a pain in the arse to put on. I sweat, I cry, I get angry. Last time, I somehow pinched my finger on the bed frame and it started bleeding. It was a quite the scene. I finally decided to pray to the Google gods and see if they could help me. I couldn't be the only person with this problem, right? This video by June the Homemaker saved me and now washing my duvet cover won't be accompanied by a feeling of dread.

There's also the Duvet Man technique and British guy shaking technique. So hilarious. Seriously watch those videos. Oh and there's a burrito technique, too.

Now you know way too much about duvet covers.

2. I love watching re-runs of Reba on CMT. And I might have a girl crush on Cheyenne and a real crush on Van. And while we're on the subject, I love country music.

3. When Brandon and I first moved in together, I used to brag (to myself) that living together was so easy. What in the world do couples even find to fight about? Life was good. Then, I started noticing this one little thing. It didn't bother me at first. I could handle it. By the time we moved into our new apartment, the one we live in now, I had enough. Brandon used his clothes hangers backwards. The curve is supposed to be towards you, right? His were opposite. Drove me up the wall. (Typing this I know how ridiculous I sound, but that's what confessions are for.) So one day I got home from work early and I switched them all. He didn't even notice and it broke the habit. He also doesn't notice when I throw away his nasty socks when I'm doing laundry.

4. I'm only rooting for the Ravens to win the Superbowl because The Blind Side is one of my favorite movies of all time. Michael Oher might not be a starter, but someone give that kid a Super Bowl ring.

5. I took the test and I own Mom Jeans. Darn you, GAP. For the sake of your vanity and rear end, you must read this blog post.

6. I'm keeping my Mom Jeans because I paid for them and they aren't mom jeans if most of your shirts cover your rear, right?

7. I'm a night shower-er (that a word?). It just makes sense for me for many reasons:
  • I work out in the evenings (well, some evenings) and there's no way I'll get into bed after working out. It would result in me having to wash my duvet cover more often. See above.
  • I can blow dry my hair and sleep on it. When I wake up, I just run the flat iron over it and it's done. I can also put my wet hair in a bun and sleep on it. It results in pretty curls the next day.
  • I can get 20 minutes of extra sleep in the morning. <---the real reason.

8. I always try changing the font of the main text on my blog to something more fun, like Verdana and I wanted to try Courier, but I couldn't do that to you guys. It lasts a few days and I always, always go  back to Arial, size 12. Easier to read and one of the top fonts used on blogs. Though I secretly pine for Helvectica...but it's $30. Crazy.


4 comments:

  1. #7. You took the words right out of my mouth. Seriously. I am the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I washed my hair at night, my hair would look like wild animals played in it!!! JEALOUS! ;) I love Reba too... have you seen Malibou Country?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the way you feel about hangers is the way I feel about toilet paper. It must come from over the top.



    I have been known to change it in public places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate that too and yes, I've changed them in public places or (gasp) other people's houses.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...