Jan 29, 2013

Young House Love Book Signing


yhl book signing 4

I'm a big fan of the DIY blog, Young House Love. I'm pretty positive you've heard of them. They are the inspiration behind my gallery frame wall that I plan to complete by 2015.

When Megan asked me to join her in their book signing in at the new West Elm in Palo Alto, it was kind of a no brainer: I like Megan, I like West Elm, I like John and Sherry, and I really like their book.

yhl book signing 2

Before the signing, Megan and I grabbed some coffee/tea at Philz and went to scope out the line. We lucked out and the line wasn't too bad. It did quickly grow around the block though.

Soon, waiters appeared with Rice Krispie treats, YHL cookies, and mini hot chocolates. It was very fancy, but you would expect nothing less in downtown Palo Alto.

We waited about an hour or so and finally were up to get our books signed.

yhl book signing 1

John and Sherry are about as down to earth and nice as you would imagine. Sherry is just a ball of energy and I can see why everyone wants to be her best friend. Megan and I had no idea how they travel like this and are so upbeat with every single person in their line. They are a true class act and you can tell that they really love what they do.

yhl book signing 3

No, YHL, thank you!

So.very.fun. Thanks again, Megan!

3 comments:

  1. Haley @ The Saucy AppleJanuary 30, 2013 at 6:42 AM

    This post is deja vu for me! John and Sherry were in Houston before Christmas, and I stood in a similar West Elm line for a chance to make funny faces with them and have them sign my copy of Young House Love. Such a cute couple and an awesometastic book. I haven't made any of the projects yet, but I'm hoping too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! How fun. :) I don't think I've ever been to an 'official' book signing, but I did get my ice cream cookbook signed my Jeni of Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream after I took a class with her in Austin. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally counts...but when you met Tyler Florence, which counts for something.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...