Jan 9, 2013

WIAW: First Day of "Work"


Thank you to Jenn for hosting this WIAW and I'm sorry that I haven't participated in say, over a year. My food is boring, what can I say? But I thought this would be a great opportunity to showcase my new schedule of eats these days. Like I mentioned, long gone are the days of being in a well-stocked office with free catered lunches. I'm on my own now, kids.



I don't have a "real" job yet, but I'm helping out my friend with her new store: a ritzy little clothing boutique.

A thing about this store: it's pretty much where I'd shop if I had an unlimited shopping budget (which I do not). I have no idea what I'm going to wear to work to fit into this new culture, but this is my best attempt at being fashionable. Note: my head is not that big in real life.


{ blazer: Zara | top: Banana Republic | watch: Kate Spade | boyfriend jeans: GAP | wedges: Jessica Simpson, Nordstrom }


So I guess you could say that yesterday was the first day at this new job. It was exactly what I'm looking for during this transitional phase in my career: fun, easy, and non-stressful.

I had to be in at 10am, so I had plenty of time to make myself breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs + whole wheat toast with Earth Balance and World Market's raspberry rhubarb jam + Tazo's Cucumber White tea.

eggs and toast

tea

I also packed some snacks for the day: two clementines, carrots + TJ's red pepper hummus. (I ended up only having time to eat a clementine).

snacks

After my shift, I headed to Trader Joe's to stock up on more snacks and lunches for the rest of the week. By the time I got home, I was starving. I made a super late (4pm) lunch of a turkey wrap with spinach, hummus, and tomato + baked BBQ chips and the carrots I had packed earlier.

turkey wrap and chips

Still hungry, I tried a new-to-me Clif Kids bar. My favorite one so far.

z bar honey graham

For dinner, I didn't snap any photos, but it was a random assortment eats such as a lemon Luna bar, deer jerky, and some more clementines. Real dinners are overrated anyways.


Any fashion advice for me? I signed up for Stitch Fix a few weeks ago and get my new "Fix" in a couple weeks, so hopefully that will help.

9 comments:

  1. Cuuuuuuuuute outfit. We have the same eating style. I sweaer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah @ The Smart KitchenJanuary 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM

    You look super cute! Very nice work partner-in-lack-of-fashion-crimes.


    Real dinners are overrated. Bring on the giant salad and bowl of yogurt and cereal I eat pretty much every night. Whatever.


    Also, World Market--like Marshall's--is a secret hotbed of delicious food items. I swear their Mesquite BBQ Seasoning is the best one I have ever tried. I put it on everything. Until it ran out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too cute!!! I have terrible fashion advice so don't ask me!! My hubby usually dresses me.. no joke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw I love your outfit! I'm in my own world with fashion...a lot of jeans and t-shirts! And I'm guessing soon the gym clothes will be worn as daily outfits at some point during this school year haha!


    So excited for your new adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the outfit. It's adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At my old job, gym clothes were a staple...even if I wasn't working out that day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! I love that your husband dresses you and pleas tell him that he's doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. World Market seriously has everything. I can spend hours in there! I love all their unique European foods and candy. Oh gosh, all the candy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! Same eating style as in we eat like a 12 year old? :)

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...