Jan 20, 2013

Sunday Confessions


IMG_0701
Four Seasons Resort, Bora Bora: our bungalow

1. I'm writing this so late that it is less than three hours away from being called Monday Confessions.

2. When I had my old blog, I used to think about blog content, photo ops, good lighting, etc. all the time. It became overwhelming and I realized that I was living to blog, not living to live. I like the latter much, much better.

3. Okay, real confession. I cleaned out my Google Reader today. I've been reading certain blogs that I don't get anything out of anymore. Unless you count them making me feel really crappy about myself when I indulge in french fries or skip the gym to watch Modern Family. That's not cool. We had to call it quits.

4. I had an infection this week that I thought only nursing women could get. I'm over it now thanks to some strong antibiotics and hot compresses. On a normal day, I'm all "natural forms of medicine are best!" and when I'm sick it's "drugs! give me drugs*!". <--I don't know how to punctuate that right there. 

5. I got in trouble today during our Hearst Castle tour (I stood on a very old, priceless rug to take a photo) and was self-conscious the rest of the tour. And so embarrassed.

 *prescription drugs, that is


11 comments:

  1. Oh, I adore you. I loved the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Drugs! Give me drugs!" No period necessary. [Says the English major.]


    Again, these are my favorite posts. Again, I wanted to write one. Confession: I just...ran out of time. Luckily I'm working towards achieving #2 (slowly, slowly) so it doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT? I didn't know people got mastitis without nursing?? Poor you. Glad you're feeling better now though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria! I came across your blog through the Nutritionella blog today. I was excited to see that you're also in the SF Bay Area. My husband and I moved up here a little over a month ago and are still trying to learn our way around. I'd love your recommendations! :D



    Great post! Love that you switched things up on your blog so that you're living to live and not to blog. I agree that living to live is so much better! ;) And, good for you for cleaning out your Google Reader and kicking blogs to the curb that you no longer get anything out of or that make you feel crappy. I'm all for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry about your infection girl!! :( Boo!!
    I did the same thing with my Google reader. Felt good right??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ali! I'm so glad you commented! I'm always looking to find new friends in the Bay Area to have excuses to go to coffee shops and chat for hours :)


    Welcome to the area! My husband and I moved here about seven years ago and are no longer newbies, so we do know of quite a few good restaurants and things to do. We are mostly into hiking and outdoorsy stuff, but luckily the Bay Area has everything to offer.


    I just checked out your blog as well and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. I have my M.A. in Education/Counseling and completely agree with your stance on health for the whole being. Psychology and mental health are some of my favorite topics, so I look forward to reading more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haley @ The Saucy AppleJanuary 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM

    I can completely relate to your #2 and #3. I just started blogging last October, and it seems like a constant struggle to make sure blogging doesn't overrun my life. Everything is just so time-consuming, you know? But I think I've gotten to a place where if I don't post regularly, it's okay. And I also have a lot of blogs in my reader that don't really inspire me. I need to clean it out like you did! :) By the way, I love your blog. Gorgeous photos! I just added you to my reader. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much! Blogging should always be 100% enjoyable and I knew when it wasn't being enjoyable, it was time to change it up :)


    Thanks for stopping by and I'm totally stalking your blog right now for book recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I have you start proofing my posts, please? :)


    Keep working on #2. It's so liberating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know, right?! It was so painful and gave me respect for all nursing moms. I got to sleep all day and when they get it, they have to continue feeding. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...