Jan 6, 2013

Sunday Confessions


IMG_1031
Is it sad that my favorite photo of myself on our honeymoon does't show my face?

1. Growing up, I hated peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, hotdogs, chocolate, and milk. But not chocolate milk.

2. In case you didn't catch on from above, I was the world's pickiest eater as a child. From my first day of kindergarten all the way to the last day of my senior year in high school, I ate the same packed lunch: half of turkey sandwich on whole wheat, pretzels or potato chips, cucumbers (peeled and sliced), and a piece of fruit. Beef jerky was also a staple. What?

3. I have been swimming and comfortable in water since I could walk. But I cannot and will not dive. When I was 8, I tried diving and fell flat on my face in the water (aka, big fat belly flop). When I came back up, everyone was laughing. Traumatized and embarrassed for life, I have never tried to dive since.

4. I really don't like to eat anything sweet for breakfast. Oatmeal: blech. Pancakes: take em or leave them. Donuts: meh. Bacon and scrambled eggs: now we're talking.

5. I truly enjoy really bad romantic comedies and I'm not ashamed to say it. Where the Heart Is, The Holiday, When Harry Met Sally, and anything by Nicholas Sparks. And my absolute favorite is Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. It was on TV last week and it sort of made my day.

6. I walked out of a church once in the middle of the service. I was invited to to sing with their youth group on Revival Week (I can't sing a single note by the way). So my mom and I went and when I got up to sing, the microphone didn't work (a blessing). After that, they started speaking in tongues and anointed people with special oils. I was a little frightened, so we left. At least they didn't bring out snakes or anything!

7. I don't want to end this list on number 6. So let's see here...I'm actually writing this post on Saturday and I just had homemade deer jerky, a clementine and a cup of tea for lunch. Keeping it real.


Submit your confessions below. It's fun. 


9 comments:

  1. Per your recommendation, I just set my DVR to record Sisterhood. I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pic of you is beautiful!!

    I was the worlds pickiest eater as a child too. I wouldn't touch milk.... or any meat. I ate scrambled eggs with honey on them and pb and j for lunch every day.

    Are you sure that church was Southern Baptist??? I'm southern baptist and that doesn't sound like us at all. We are super conservative and don't believe in speaking in tongues. As a kid, that would have scared me too!

    I need to learn how to make deer jerky! The hubby would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try scrambled eggs with honey! It looked really good when you featured it on your blog the other day!


    I just called my mom to check (any excuse to call - haha) and you're right, definitely not Southern Baptist. It was Freewill Baptist. But I'll edit that part because I don't want to offend anyone - it was just scary for me and I felt soooo bad afterwards about walking out of there. I've asked for forgiveness!


    Brandon's uncle makes it with the deer he got, it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Please tell me how you like it! I wish I was there to watch it with you and eat pickles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. in our yoga pants with our hair up, right? yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um I love that pic of you too! And I rarely eat sweets for breakfast, I prefer savory stuff especially bacon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah @ The Smart KitchenJanuary 9, 2013 at 11:28 AM

    Wait. You've never seen Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah @ The Smart KitchenJanuary 9, 2013 at 11:31 AM

    I LOVE your Sunday Confessions. I'm stealing this idea in a week or two by the way. Just saying.


    We walked out of church once. At the beach with my family my cousin and I insisted we couldn't skip church, so we found a random one that no one knew anything about. Then, they started lighting things on fire, my youngest cousin started crying, my grandmother couldn't stop laughing, and the whole row of us took our exit.


    I almost walked out of church this Christmas Eve when we were forced into the overflow seating in the chapel and the sound for the live streaming (yes, live streaming) wasn't functioning. I about cried at the thought of not being able to hear hundreds of people singing Christmas hymns together. Thankfully, all was rectified.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...