Dec 13, 2012

Thursday Things


I tend to follow this general rule of blogging: when you don't have anything to say, don't say anything at all. And I haven't had much to say lately, or anything that I could eloquently put into words, so it's been quiet around these parts.

I did choose a winner for the Morgan Prather leaf lariat necklace!



Congratulations, Sarah! (And I can't wait to see you over the Christmas break!)

And if you didn't win, don't worry, I'll be doing another giveaway with Morgan Prather after the holidays and you can pick out any piece you'd like.

Other happenings?

1. Brandon and I have been obsessed with watching the documentary, Everest: Beyond the Limit. It's the reason why I got less than 7 hours of sleep last night and you know if I don't at least get 8, I'm not fully human. But trust me on this show. You'll get hooked and will never, ever complain about being cold again. It's on Netflix by the way.

2. I got a Fitbit! It's pretty motivating since walking is about the only exercise I can do right now that doesn't aggravate my knee. I tried squats the other day and I swear I could hear the sound of shattering knee bones. I also bought Brandon one for his birthday and we are in big time competition mode. So, I've been spending some serious time in our apartment gym reading my Kindle on the treadmill.

If you have one, please add me as a friend: falls (dot) maria (at) gmail (dot) com

3. I have three more working days left. Yikes! I'm pretty excited though because I've connected with a few nonprofit about volunteering and I may have a temp job lined up (fingers crossed), which means I won't go totally broke in this crazy period of career transition. And that Brandon won't kick me out on the streets for not contributing to the nest egg. He thinks he's so funny.

4. I have really been enjoying all the holiday gift guides that are all over the blogs these days. Though, they don't really help my gift giving process. I just want to buy of those things for myself. One for you and one for me...

5. Ikea monkey.


3 comments:

  1. Sarah @ The Smart KitchenDecember 14, 2012 at 9:35 AM

    Thank you for bringing both that necklace and the Ikea monkey into my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea @ One Healthy MunchkinDecember 15, 2012 at 3:22 PM

    What's going on with your knees? I'm struggling with some knee problems too, so I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have what is commonly known as "runners knee", which is super weird because I'm not a runner..but it causes a lot of pain during moves such as squats, lunges (my favorites, of course) and anything high impact such as jump rope, running, box jumps. I've been dealing with it for a year now and my doctor's remedy is surgery, which I don't want to do. Physical therapy wasn't a huge help either, so I'm not sure what my next step is. I've been taking the exercise really easy the past few months and even taken two weeks off with no exercise at all (not even walking)...no help.


    I'm so sorry you are going through something similar. It's really a bummer when you want to work out but cannot.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...