Dec 20, 2012

The Christmas Survey Says...


Christmas + a survey. What can I say? You knew this was coming.

1. Favorite Christmas album/song?

Traditional: Oh, Holy Night & Judy Garland's Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Modern: N'Sync's Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays (come on, you know you like it), Baby It's Cold Outside



2. Run on Christmas morning on take the day off?

Sometimes we take a walk around the neighborhood, but no formal workouts will happen. It's way too cold (at least for me) in Virginia to run outside.

3. What do you usually eat on Christmas morning?

We go to the local butcher and get their amazing pork sausage that my mom makes with eggs and toast.  The best.

4. Favorite holiday or Christmas tradition?

My mom, who is one of four sisters has a tradition where they buy 12 gifts (usually $1-2 each) and do a Christmas grab bag. They each choose numbers and pull them to see what gifts they get. It's usually hilarious because $1 gifts can be the tackiest things ever.

Also, we have a family Christmas Eve party at my Mom's house with all the family piled in her small living room/kitchen. My great aunt makes pimento cheese sandwiches, veggie and cheese trays and cookies of course.

5. Fake tree or real tree?

We've always had a fake tree. It's cleaner, cheaper, and I think they are supposed to be less of a fire hazard (anyone know?). But, when Brandon and I get a house, we are going for the real tree for sure. We cannot even fit all of our ornaments on this tiny little Charlie Brown tree.

Thanksgiving 2012-5

6. Christmas pajamas...yay or nay? 

I don't have traditional Christmas pajamas (like with tree or elves or whatever), but I always wear my favorite pair of flannel pajama bottoms.

7. Where do you spend the holidays?

We usually spend Christmas Eve day with Brandon's family, Christmas Eve night with my family and we go our separate ways for Christmas day. Brandon's family lives 1.5 hours away from mine and it's just easier. When we have kids, who knows what we'll do?

8. Food that you always have during the holiday season? Favorite Christmas food/treat?

We always have my great aunt's sugar cookies, pimento cheese sandwiches, and the sausage on Christmas morning. My favorite meal is Christmas dinner, which is basically like Thanksgiving 2.0.

9. Open presents all at once or take turns?

When we were kids, we dug in all at once. If we had taken turns, it would have taken us hours! My  mom spoils us. Now, we take turns and it makes Christmas last a bit longer. We do the same with Brandon's family, though I get nervous because I hate being center of attention when I have to open my gifts in front of everyone.

10. Favorite Christmas(ish) movie?

Itsawonderfullife


  • It's a Wonderful Life
  • White Christmas
  • A Christmas Story
  • Christmas Vacation
  • Charlie Brown's Christmas
  • The Holiday
  • The Family Stone

Remember George: no man is a failure who has friends. 
~ Clarence, It's a Wonderful Life


Friends, have a wonderful Christmas!


2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas friend!! It sounds like you and Brandon are going to have a busy yet amazing time at home!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...