Nov 9, 2012

If You Give a Girl a Giftcard


She'll go to Target, obviously.

I received a Visa giftcard for my birthday a couple weeks ago and it's been burning a hole in my pocket ever since. Of course, I had plans to take it to my favorite place of mindless shopping.

Since I've been doing really well keeping to my budget lately, I was stoked about being able to skip through the aisles of my (and everyone's?) favorite chain store without a care. Here are some of my finds that I'm sure excite me 100 times more than you, but humor me, okay?

I have been dying to try these new dryer softener bars, but, being crazy allergic to perfumes, I knew they'd cause an instant migraine. Until, I spotted a new Free kind!

bounce free dryer bar

I immediately popped it in my dryer when I got home and started a load of laundry to try it out. Oh, life's little joys.

I was also in the market for a new bottle of face wash and was happy to find the Burt's Bees now carries a fragrance-free one. The Dove soap is a long-time favorite.

burts bees facial cleanser

Plus, they were having a promotion, buy two Burt's Bees products and get a $5 Target giftcard.

burts bees facial cleansing

So I grabbed these guys, which I love to use when I travel. Burt's Bees, if you ever read my blog (I dream big), thank you for offering fragrance free products!

When I was in New York, I bought a pretty gray blazer from Zara and thought this mustard-colored shirt would pair nicely with it.

target mustard shirt

Also, I had a $5 coupon on Merona clothing, so this only cost me $10. I immediately tried it on at home and it has a really flattering fit. I think I'll pick another one up in navy blue next time I'm there (and can use the giftcard from the Burt's purchases!).

And last, but certainly not least, I spotted a bag of these Mint Chocolate Pretzels Crisps to give to Brandon. That kid is obsessed with anything mint + chocolate, so I knew he'd love them.

mint chocolate pretzel crisps

I also grabbed a few other things I needed:
  • dishwasher detergent
  • envelopes
  • Magic Erasers <---best cleaning product, ever. 
  • new cloth shower curtain liner
  • coat hangers
All for the grand total of $68.00. That, my friends, is what I consider a good time. 


Do you have any gift card "rules"? 

Some people I know only use gift cards to buy something for themselves that they wouldn't normally or save them up to buy one big grand thing. Obviously, I like to get a little bit of everything...


2 comments:

  1. I love you for your love of Target and coupons. Seriously, this year I might as well just tell everyone I need Target gift cards bc honestly that's where all my money goes. And I know it will be used! How well do those Burt's Bees wipes remove makeup? Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried these wipe yet, but will let you know! I would have stuck with my favorite brand of Yes to Cucumbers wipes, but the Burt's ones are fragrance free, which is easier on my skin.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...