Nov 30, 2012

But, First...


Because this morning's post was drama-filled and sappy and pretty darn scary to publish, I thought I'd bring a little sunshine to this blog (and coincidentally, this rainy day in the Bay Area).

A survey. Yes, indeed, a survey. Like I'm still 14 and the Internet is new and your friends would email you surveys to know more about you, when really, they knew everything about you anyway. And then you'd play M.A.S.H. and believe me, what a waste of time. That games lies, I tell ya. I'm not married to Jonathan Taylor Thomas, living in a mansion and driving a Land Rover. Close, but no cigar.

Where was I going with this? Survey, right.

I feel that a Firsts (a beginning, in other words) Survey is fitting at this time of my life. So here goes. Thank you, Brittany for letting me steal this from you.

Sorry about the lack of photos, I'm tired.

1. First thing you do when you wake up in the morning. 

Snooze. Pull stolen covers back on me.  Snooze. Check my email on my phone. Lame, I know.

2. First thing you reach for when you open the fridge. 

Brita water pitcher, a clementine (winter fruits are my favorite), or my favorite Good Belly drink.

3. First things you do when you get to the gym. 

Clean off whatever piece of equipment I'm using with one of those handy wipes they have. Fill up my water bottle. Pandora. Stretch.

4. First thing you do when you get home from work. 

No joke, but I throw down my stuff and make the bed, no matter what time of night it is. When I leave in the morning, Brandon is usually still snoozing (engineering hours, sigh). He is really good at a lot of things, but making the bed is not one of them. Heart him, though.

5. First car. 

Gosh, I wish I could dig up a photo. It was a teal 1990 Acura Integra. It had a sunroof, CD player, and a tendency to overheat when driving up hills. Awesome.

6. First car accident / traffic violation. 

Was with my cousin Christmas shopping in the same Acura and a lady hit me from behind. Our first thought, "Oh gosh, I hope the presents are okay!". My brother's friend was the police officer. Small towns rock.

7. First thing you wanted to be when you grew up. 

A teacher. Still do sometimes. Also still waiting to grow up.

8. First beverage of choice. 

Hot tea, water with lemon, and okay, sometimes a Diet Coke. Don't judge.

9. First choice breakfast. 

Bacon.

10. First choice dessert. 

If it is lemon based, there is no contest.

11. First song that comes to mind. 

Trouble by Taylor Swift. I just bought Red and I'm kind of obsessed.

12. First major purchase. 

I guess my second car, a 2001 Honda Civic. I was living in Blacksburg at the time and the Acura was doing it's overheating bit on a regular basis. It was just before Thanksgiving break, meaning I'd have to drive three hours praying that my car wouldn't blow up. Dreading the trip, I decided go to the Honda dealership and walked out with the new(er) car. Biggest impulse buy ever, but it was a great car and got me to California.

13. First job.

I worked at the concession stand at the town pool. I wasn't one of the cool kids who lifeguarded because I couldn't/can't dive. Scares me. $5.15 an hour though, baby!

14. First time you flew on a plane. 

8th grade. I went to the National FFA Convention in Kansas City, Missouri. Yes, I kind of liked farming and horses, and blue corduroy jackets with my name embroidered on them.

...

Okay, so that was fun. Pick one and give me all the details!




6 comments:

  1. I seriously think we were separated at birth... I was in FFA too! lol.. You know we were cool. Honda Civic's are the way to go. The hubs and I both drove one... he still does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my little Honda was a beast. We drove her to death and when I smashed her into another car, I was so sad. Poor thing :)


    FFA was where it was at! I learned how to judge soil, horses, cows, learn public speaking, and how to use a saw. I like to think that I made FFA cool ;) Though I am often a bit delusional...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to tell you that your blogs is one of the few I actually read without photos! It could be the font or the content...who knows. ;)


    My Honda Civic was my big purchase too!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! Photos are so much work sometimes, that I just pass :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are not lame for your morning routine because I do the same exact thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah @ The Smart KitchenDecember 3, 2012 at 9:22 AM

    I'm still waiting to grow up, too.


    Also, I listened to "Holy Ground" probably 11 times in a row yesterday while driving to watch my friend Alex finish her half marathon. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...