Sep 23, 2012

Meals Survey


Yesterday, I was determined to snap a photo of all my eats for What I Ate Wednesday. I haven't participated in a while (okay, like a year or so) and I get a kick out of what seeing what others eat. Except, I took a photo from breakfast and forgot about the rest of the day. A snack here, a snack there. A bag of turkey jerky for dinner. It would have been sight to see, that's for sure.

So instead, I thought I'd participate in a little survey that I found on Brittany's blog. I love this girl. We met at Blend and have decided that we should live near each other. You don't have to twist my arm to move back East :)

Anyway, on to the survey.

Breakfast

Paleo Pancakes With Bananas

Favorite cereal as a child?

Captain Crunch Berries hands down. Apple Jacks take a close second.

Coffee or Tea?  With milk or without?

Tea for sure. No milk. No sugar. I drink cups and cups of tea each day at work, usually of the white variety. I've never enjoyed the taste of coffee and it makes me really jittery, so it's used only in emergency situations; like 7am meetings.

Oh and when I'm back home, I drink sweet iced tea. It just tastes much better in Virginia.

The one food you eat most often at breakfast. 

Chicken-apple sausage. I know that sounds gross (and you should see how it looks), but sweet breakfasts don't appeal to me at all. And eggs take too long to make, so I usually eat some berries and this sausage from Whole Foods. There's like five ingredients, so I tell myself it's a healthy form of protein. For a change, I'll sometimes have Trader Joe's precooked bacon.


Lunch


Burger and Fries from Gott's Roadside

Sandwiches are usually considered lunch food. If you had to choose from a grilled cheese sandwich or a peanut butter and jelly, which would you pick?

Easy. Grilled cheese 100% of the time. I don't like PB&J. It makes me gag when the bread sticks to the roof of my mouth. Grilled cheese has been a favorite since childhood and yes, I eat mine with ketchup. I also like it slightly burnt. My mom knows how to make it perfectly for me.

You can only put four ingredients in your salad (not including greens); what do you throw in the mix? Additionally, which greens and dressing do you pick?

Ooh, that's a hard one, because my salad taste buds change all the time, so I'll tell you what salad kick I am currently on: grilled chicken, bacon, tomatoes, and cucumbers (always cucumbers)...on a bed of mixed greens with raspberry vinaigrette. Basically a club sandwich salad.

One food you cannot live without at lunch. 

My lunches are different every single day, so this is hard to answer. Instead, I'll give you my favorite lunch: turkey sandwich on dutch crunch roll with lettuce, tomato and provolone. I could eat it every single day.


Dinner

chicken-broccoli-2


It's the end of the day. You're tired, hungry, and your fridge is empty. If fast food (from a chain) is your only option, where do you go and what do you order? 


This happens far too often in my life and most of the time, I walk to the nearby Subway and order a turkey on honey oat with lettuce, tomato, melted provolone and pickles. With a side of BBQ kettle chips. So easy, cheap and satisfying.

I'm really hungry right now, by the way.

TV/Computer on or off while you are eating. 

Sadly, usually one or the other is on. We don't often turn on the TV until just before bedtime for 30 minutes or so, but I'm typically at my computer while I eat dinner. Brandon eats dinner at work and doesn't get home until 8 or 9 pm most nights, so my Twitter friends keep me company.

The one food you eat most often at dinner. 

I make a lot of pizzas out of anything: Bagel Thins, Flat Out Wraps, whole wheat english muffins...just requires a jar of sauce and a little cheese. I'll eat raw veggies or fruit on the side.


Dessert

salted caramel tart


Choose between two American desserts: cheesecake or apple pie. 

Apple pie ala mode of course. Or actually, apple pie filling on top of ice cream. You can hold the crust.

Choose between two foreign desserts: tiramisu (Italy) or flan (Spain). 

Even though I really dislike coffee and espresso flavoring, I will have to go with tiramisu. The espresso is subtle enough to not mess with my taste buds. And it's Brandon's favorite to order in a restaurant, so I had better get on board with it.

Ice cream: cone or cup. 

More times than not, in a cup. I do like cones, but I have a fear of dropping it. And that would be a tragedy.

3 comments:

  1. I forgot about Captain Crunch Berries!! I loved those! I love you too... and YES we so need to live closer. How about you all move to Louisville, KY next?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love my grilled cheese extra crispy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed out loud a number of times at this, more because I know you and can just picture you staring at an ice cream cone and wanting it but with a slight fear wavering in your eyes...and then the whole bag of turkey jerky for dinner thing...

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...